Known for its iconic poster boy, Arthas, this new cold-hearted expansion has Azeroth's heroes return from their adventures over in the Outlands and venture into the frozen land of Northrend in order to stop the Lich King and his vast Scourge armies.
The new expansion will contain tons of new features such as the first new class, the Death Knight, new Raids, tons of new content, and more.
That begs the question: When does WoW Classic WotLK release?
UPDATED - Faction Changing Confirmed for WotLK Classic
After much deliberation from Blizzard's side, both Faction changes and Race changes will be available for WoW Classic WotLK.
This comes after the devs initially planned to not offer Faction changing as their eyes "it removed some of that fantasy feeling of having dramatically different physical attributes that affect" player gameplay.
It's worth noting that Faction changing, and Race changing as well, will not be available as soon as the expansion releases in September.
For more information, visit here.
When does WoW Classic WotLK release?
World of Warcraft Wrath of the Lich King Classic official releases on Monday, September 26, 2022.
The return of the Lich King comes after players got to experience Burning Crusade Classic for more than a year in which they were forced to travel through the Dark Portal in order to thwart Illidan Stormrage and Kil'jaeden's plans.
Don't Miss: Discover Razer's Ultimate Gaming Laptops Now
What to expect from Wrath of the Lich King Classic
In WotLK Classic, players will be able to partake in numerous activities and features, reliving content that many hold to be the best moments of the franchise.
Here's a rundown on what content to expect:
- The Grim Frozen North – Heroes will begin their journey in one of two zones in Northrend—Borean Tundra or Howling Fjord—and adventure through some of the most epic vistas and beloved storylines in all of Warcraft before breaching the seat of the Lich King’s power in Icecrown.
- The Rise of Death Knights – Available to both factions and starting at level 55, Death Knights—World of Warcraft’s first hero class—harness the powers of darkness to help combat the evil that threatens Azeroth. While Death Knights are limited to one per server and require a level 55 character on that server to create, in Wrath Classic, we will be bypassing that requirement for a player’s first Death Knight.
- New Profession—Inscription – This new profession allows players to scribe mystical glyphs that modify the properties of spells and abilities (cooldowns, damage, etc.), and craft powerful trinkets and off-hand items.
- Achievements Unlocked – Achievements are coming to WoW Classic, giving players new rewards for their exploits and accomplishments.
- Dungeons & Raids – Relive seminal 5-player dungeons like Azjol-Nerub and the Culling of Stratholme, and lay siege to Naxxramas as a 25- or 10-player raid—an update of its original iteration as a 40-player raid in pre-expansion World of Warcraft.
Additionally, new features such as the Barbershop, raid-wide Buffs, Dalaran becoming a major city, and more will be available.
READ MORE: When does WotLK Classic pre patch release?