WoW Classic is fast approaching its next chapter, Wrath of the Lich King Classic.
Here's what Blizzard has revealed about the road to WoW Classic WotLK so far, and what players can expect as we approach the next expansion, its pre patch, and beyond.
LATEST - Joyous Journeys XP Buff hits TBC Classic servers
Blizzard Entertainment has introduced the Joyous Journeys buff to the Burning Crusade Classic Servers, giving players 50% additional XP across the board.
With the buff, players will be able to either begin their pre-WotLK Classic prep or further reinforce it.
For more information on the buff visit here.
WoW Classic WotLK Release Date
While Blizzard has yet to reveal the WoW Classic WotLK release date, September 26th was briefly posted on Battle.net, which some quick users were able to spot before its prompt removal.
Read over Blizzard's plans leading up to WoW Classic WotLK launch below.
While we don't have official dates just yet, Blizzard has released a schedule of steps leading to the launch of WoW Classic WotLK, and gave a time range of a "few months" for these to be done.
Here is what Blizzard currently has planned on the road to Wrath of the Lich King Classic:
- PvE to PvP transfer restrictions removed
- Wrath Classic closed beta test
- Classic Era clone service retired
- Existing realms consolidated
- New Fresh Start Realms with Wrath Classic pre-patch
- Wrath of the Lich King launch
READ MORE: When does WoW Dragonflight come out?
WoW Classic WotLK Pre Patch and Fresh Servers
The WoW Classic WotLK Pre Patch will be the first permanent taste of the changes to come in Wrath after the beta. This includes new talent trees, new abilities, and the addition of the Death Knight class.
Players won't be able to visit Northrend just yet or get a head start on getting to level 80 during the Pre Patch, but there will still be a ton of new content to explore and changes to test. That means plenty of Sunwell Plateau raids putting the new changes into practice.
Beyond the new content, Blizzard will also offer brand new fresh servers for WotLK Classic that will give players the chance to start over from the beginning. These servers have several restrictions to balance them that don't apply to other WoW Classic servers, including:
- For at least 90 days, you will not be allowed to boost a character on Fresh Start realms.
- For at least 90 days, Fresh Start realms will not be available destinations for character transfers.
- Death Knights cannot be created on these realms without a level 55 character on that same realm.
New Content and Changes
WoW Classic WotLK is a beloved expansion by the fanbase for a reason, and that starts with its iconic new zones, new raids, and incredible class redesigns.
Here are some of the highlights players can expect from the new content arriving with Wrath of the Lich King Classic:
- New Class: Death Knight, the game's first hero class.
- New Raids: Icecrown Citadel, Naxxramas (return), Onyxia's Lair, The Eye of Eternity, The Obsidian Sanctum, The Ruby Sanctum, Trial of the Crusader, Vault of Archavon, and Ulduar.
- New Dungeons: Ahn'Kahet: The Old Kingdom, Ajzol-Nerub, Drak'Tharon Keep, Forge of Souls, Gundrak, Halls of Lightning, Halls of Reflection, Halls of Stone, Pit of Saron, The Culling of Stratholme, The Nexus, The Oculus, Trial of the Champion, Utgarde Keep, Utgarde Pinnacle, and Violet Hold.
- New Region and Zones: Nothrend, a new continent, which contains Borean Tundra, Crystalsong Forest, Dragonblight, Grizzly Hills, Howling Fjord, Hrothgar's Landing, Icecrown, Sholazar Basin, Storm Peaks, and Wintergrasp
- New Raid Difficulty System: 10 and 25-man versions of raids as well as Heroic raids