NHL 21 is moving fast onto the next update, Patch 1.2.
Let's dive right into the patch notes of this big update.
Update 1.2 Patch Notes
Patch 1.2 brings a ton of gameplay changes, and touches on HUT, World of CHEL, Franchise, and more.
Let's go over the biggest highlights from the patch notes.
- New center ice art for the Arizona Coyotes, Ottawa Senators, and Calgary Flames added.
- New uniforms added for the Arizona Coyotes, Vegas Golden Knights, Ottawa Senators, and Calgary Flames.
- Uniforms added for the ECHL, SHL, Liiga, ICE, HockeyAllsvenskan, Nationalliga.
- Updated shot quality impact for shots when reaching, and and shots in tight to the body.
- Pickup consistency improved while the puck is around the net.
- Fixed stick on stick contact being unrecognized.
- Player alignment fixes post-whistle.
- Fixed issues where puck control was lost in-between animations.
READ MORE: NHL 21 Ratings: Fastest Skaters
- Hit reactions against the boards are now improved and more noticeable.
- Pass blocks are fixed to no longer allow pucks through in certain cases.
- Goalie stance animation improvements.
- Added glove down butterfly proximity to old school stances.
- Goalie save animation improvements.
- Fixed a bug where goalies would reflect the puck off of themselves.
- Better save selection for goalies.
- Better AI goalie tracking on the puck.
- Improved defensive AI to better handle gaps on the rush.
- Improved weak side defender net coverage.
- Improved camera angles in certain arenas.
World of CHEL
- Content for upcoming challenges added.
- Fixed an issue where the game would softlock if an opponent left too early.
- Fixed a crashing issue for post-match screen.
- Player models will no longer overlap names after games.
- Player ranks and experience now have a thousand comma to be easily readable.
- Fixed an issue where defender chemistry was incorrectly displayed.
- Fixed the goalie filter when assigning scouts.
- Correctly labeled LD and C in edit lines screen.
Be A Pro
- Bench camera improved to have more vision.
- More leeway for performing well but failing some promises.
READ MORE: NHL 21: New Features of Be A Pro Mode
- Trade Request option added.
- New conversations added.
- Fixed a bug where the game would continue after a player's controller disconnected.
- Fixed a camera zoom issue in HUT RUSH 5v5.
- Removed the pop up from edit lines before a game.
- Menu/Options button now advances from edit lines screen.
- Several bug fixes related to items.
- Buy Now auction house filter added.