NBA 2K21 has reached its second major next gen update!
It makes changes to The City, gives customization options for Shot Meters, and tweaks MyCAREER, MyNBA, The W, and contact dunks.
NBA 2K21 Next Gen Update 2
The second next gen update for NBA 2K21 is a huge one!
Let's dive right into the details.
NBA 2K21 next gen gameplay is a huge upgrade, and it will be receiving some improvements in the new update.
- Ability to change Shot Meter color
- Decreased frequency of Contact Dunks/Alley-oops
- Improvements for general motion, dribbling, take-charge animations, sprints, cuts and more.
- Free throw accuracy improvements
Player likeness is getting a big improvement in NBA 2K21 with a brand new set of face scans going live in its newest next gen update.
- Jayson Tatum
- Jimmy Butler
- D'Angelo Russell
- Phil Jackson
- Trey Burke
- Christian Wood
- Mychal Mulder
- Mfiondu Kabengele
- Several new rookies from the 2020 NBA Draft
The first big game mode improvements with the new NBA 2K21 next gen update are for The City.
This includes the following:
- Improved gameplay performance in The City
- Improvements to The City's map
- Improvements to buildings, lighting, objects and more in The City
- Fixed a bug where progress was lost in Rec games if opposing team left
- New button to invite players from your friends list on your phone directly
MyCAREER is a good chunk of the newest NBA 2K21 patch.
These improvements include:
- Postgame crowds in MyCAREER improved
- 2K Beats songs that have been disabled by user will no longer play in MyCAREER
- Fixes for interested colleges during high school chapters of The Long Shadow
- Difficulty bonus for VC, MyPOINTS, and badge progression now correctly displaying in post-game recaps
MyNBA has been frequently updated with free agency deals and the new rookie class from the 2020 NBA Draft.
NBA 2K21 Next Gen Update 2 adds some more improvements on top.
- VC rewards for playing G-League games
- Fixed control issues when entering G-League games
- Fixed issues with the Ring Ceremony and Banner Reveal moments
- Several hangs removed
- Stability improvements and UI upgrades
The W also got some fixes in the new NBA 2K21 patch.
- Fixed an issue with MyPLAYERS going invisible
- Fixed an issue with popularity ratings not going up after games in The W Online
- Default animations are now correctly equipped and can be previewed before selection