A new Madden 21 Franchise Mode Update has been announced, and gives some much needed changes to the game mode!
This will be the first major Madden 21 January Title Update, but it won't be the last.
Let's dive into what's coming for Madden 21 Franchise Mode in the new update.
Madden 21 Franchise Update
The second Madden 21 Franchise Update is coming. Here's what we know so far.
The second Madden 21 Franchise Update will arrive on 7 January.
While we don't have an official time for it to go live, we expect it will be around 1PM EST.
The upcoming Madden 21 Franchise Update patch notes aren't official just yet, but we do have some insights into the changes that are coming.
Trade Logic Improvements
Improvements for player and draft pick evaluations are coming to create more authentic trades in Madden 21.
EA haven't given more specifics than this just yet on trade logic improvements, but as one of Madden 21 Franchise Mode's biggest and most noticeable issues, this is fantastic news.
EA are upfront that this won't be a magical overnight fix, but a step in the right direction that will be built upon over time.
Draft Logic Improvements
Madden 21 Franchise Mode AI have some issues, and one of the most noticeable in the long term is poor draft logic.
One of the biggest areas of improvement for Madden 21 Franchise draft logic will be in drafting QBs.
This is what EA have said about the upcoming draft logic changes in relation to QBs:
- When a CPU team is on the clock, they will now deprioritize drafting a first round QB if:
- Their current starting QB was a 1st round pick in the last two Drafts
- Their current starting QB was a 2nd/3rd round pick in the last two Drafts
- And has a Normal Dev and 72+ OVR
- And has Star or higher Dev trait
- Their current starting QB is a 94+ OVR
- Their current starting QB is 87+ OVR and 32+ years old
- Their current starting QB is 74+ OVR and < 29 years old
- Their current backup QB is a Star or higher Dev Trait and < 28 years old
Lastly, if a team’s current starting QB is over 35, the team will consider drafting a replacement.
There are several new areas of improvement coming for Madden 21 Commissioner Controls.
This includes the ability to undo FA signings in the offseason, limit players from choosing gameplay settings that affect performance, autopilot during drafts, expand on House Rules, and customize X-Factor Abilities.