League of Legends' next major title update is on the way and there's a lot changing!
Here's everything you need to know about LoL update 12.2, the latest Patch Notes, and when these changes will finally go live.
LATEST: LoL 12.2 Release Date, Time, & Maintenance Schedule
League of Legends players can expect the year's second patch to go live on Thursday, January 20th.
Now only less than a day away, maintenance is set to begin at around 6 am EST with the servers coming back online at roughly 9 am EST when the update will be live for all players.
LoL 12.2 Patch Notes
These are some of the changes players can expect for the second patch of the Season, LoL 12.2. Check out the full LoL 12.2 Patch Notes below courtesy of RiotPhlox.
- Health per level 85 ⇒ 95.
- Duskbringer (Q)
- attack damage ratio 75% ⇒ 85%.
- Attack damage per level 3 ⇒ 3.5.
- Sky Splitter (E)
- Cooldown 15s ⇒ 13s.
- Steel Tempest (Q)
- Attack damage ratio 100% ⇒ 105%
- Mortal Steel (Q)
- Attack damage ratio 100% ⇒ 105%
- Baleful Strike (Q)
- Cooldown 7-5 ⇒ 6-4
- Stacks from large minions, monsters 2 ⇒ 3.
- Base health 559 ⇒ 600.
- Health regen 3.75 ⇒ 4.
- Piercing Darkness (Q)
- Increased damage 5-7% ⇒ 4-6% based on target’s max health.
- Rake (W)
- Bonus damage to monsters 130% ⇒ 105%.
- Grass zone duration 3.5s ⇒ 3s.
- Health regen 7.5 ⇒ 6.
- Whimsy (W)
- Cooldown 16-12s ⇒ 17-13s.
- Death Mark (R)
- Base damage 100% attack damage ⇒ 65% attack damage.
- Tongue Lash (Q)
- Slow 40% ⇒ 50%
- Thick Skin (E)
- Damage to Grey Health 45-65% ⇒ 15-55%, increased to 45-65% if there are 2 or more visible nearby enemy champions.
- Grey Health to Health 30-100% scaling from level 1-18 ⇒ 45-100% scaling from level 1-18.
- Devour (R)
- Ally Champions: Are devoured for up to three seconds and are granted a shield for up to 2.5 seconds after being spit out.
- Allies can also choose to exit early. Tahm Kench is grounded during this effect but can cast Abyssal Dive and gains 40% Move Speed for 3 seconds.
- Ally shield 400 - 600 (+100% AP) ⇒ 500 - 900 (+150% AP).
- Ally cast slows Kench for 30 - 10% for the duration of the devour ⇒ Grants Kench 40% Move Speed for 3.
- Thrill of the Hunt (R)
- It will now Leap when Camouflaged (including chemfog).
- Lich Bane
- Spellblade passive damage 150% base AD + 40% ability power ⇒ 75% base AD + 40% ability power.
- Cost: 3000 - 2600 / AP: 90 - 75 / Health 250 - 400
- Inmortal Shieldblow
- Passive shield 250-700 ⇒ 275-650.
- Lethal Tempo
- Attack speed now scales with level: 10-75% melee 3-35% ranged
- Chemtech Soul
- Zombie bleedout time 4s ⇒ 3s.
- Zombie health 80% base + 50% bonus ⇒ 70% base + 40% bonus.
- Chemtech Terrain
- Recamo timer 1.5s ⇒ 2.5s.
- Always camo on zone enter ⇒ respect OOC timer.
- Damage amp up to 10% ⇒ up to 12%.
- Hextech Soul
- Damage 25-75 ⇒ 25-50.
- Move Speed: 315 >>> 330
- AD: 46+1.5/lvl >>> 52+3/lvl
- Howling Gale (Q)
- Mana Cost: 60-140 >>> 60-100
- Min Range: 1000 >>> 1100
- Max Range: 1750 >>> 1760
- Travel Time: 1.5s >>> 1.25s
- Possible added Team Indicator showing team where Q will go.
- Janna Champion Nerfs
- Attack Range: 550 <<< 500
- Tailwind (Passive)
- Janna Gains 8% Move Speed <<< Janna Gains 8% Move Speed while moving towards allies
- Janna's attacks and W no-longer deal bonus Magic Damage based on additional Move Speed
- Janna Champion Adjustments
- Zephyr (W)
- Range: 550(Edge to Edge) >>> 650(Centre to Centre)
- Slow Duration: 2s >>> 3s
- Cooldown: 8s-6s <<< 12s
- Damage: 55-175 >>> 70-190
- Passive Move Speed: 6%-10% >>> 8%-12%
- Eye of the Storm (E)
- Cooldown: 16-12 >>> 15-9
- Time before Shield decays: 0.75s >>>1.25s
- Shield amount: 80-220+0.7AP <<< 80-200+0.65AP
- Monsoon (R)
- Healing Tick Rate: 0.5 <<< 0.25
- Zephyr (W)
LoL 12.2 New Skins
Coinciding with the champion tunings to come, there are a total of 15 new skins coming in with the new LoL 12.2 update.
These skins span three different themes. The Firecracker and Porcelain skins celebrate the Lunar Year. While the Crystal Rose and Withered Rose skins celebrate an annual festival in Runeterra. To top it all off, Riot has also added a new skin that doesn't fit the three different themes.
Firecracker Skins 2022
These new Firecracker Skins will cover Sett, Teemo, Tristana, Xin Zhao, and Diana in red and gold outfits. The red symbolizes happiness and good fortune, while the gold represents wealth
These skins are all Epic Skins and will be purchasable from the shop at 1350 RP each.
Firecracker Xin Zhao
Porcelain Skins 2022
As a part of an alternate universe that is set in a world where the Protectors guard the Zodiac relics, five champions, namely Ezreal, Amumu, Lissandra, Kindred, and Lux, will all adorn their porcelain-clad clothes in new skins. There is also one Prestige skin to boot as well.
This year's Epic Porcelain skin line is purchasable in the shop at 1350 RP each, while the Prestige skin goes for 100 Prestige points.
Prestige Porcelain Lux
Crystal Rose & Withered Rose Skins 2022
Based on an alternate future/universe in League of Legends, Crystal Rose is set in a world where champions attend the annual Crystal Rose Festival to form alliances and negotiate truces.
This year's Crystal Rose event has champions such as Janna, Akshan, and Elise join negotiations. They are all purchasable in the shop at 1350 RP each.
Crystal Rose Akshan
Crystal Rose Janna
Crystal Rose Elise
Prestige Brave Phoenix Xayah
Xayah has gotten a Prestige Edition upgrade to her Brave Phoenix skin. Priced at 2,000 Event Tokens, players will be able to adorn a majestic version of an already astonishing Xayah skin.
Prestige Brage Phoenix Xayah
New Champion - Zero, The Spark of Zaun
To top off an already jam-packed League of Legends update, Riot is adding a new champion by the name of Zeri, the Spark of Zaun in patch 12.2.
As a vigilante who protects those in need, Zeri is looking to bring that same energy to the Summoner’s Rift.
In-game, Zeri is classified as an ADC with a very unique Auto Attack that takes advantage of her skills that dorn electricity.
Check out her abilities below:
Passive - Living Battery
Zeri gains Move Speed whenever she receives a shield. When she damages an enemy shield she absorbs its energy, shielding herself.
Q - Burst Fire
Passive: Zeri's basic attack deals magic damage, scales with AP, and is treated as an ability. Moving and casting Burst Fire stores up energy in Zeri's Sparkpack. When fully charged, her next basic attack will slow and deal bonus damage.
Active: Burst Fire shoots a burst of 7 rounds that deal physical damage to the first enemy hit. Burst Fire scales with AD and is treated like an attack, with the first round applying on-hit effects. Its cooldown matches Zeri’s basic attack timer.
W - Ultrashock Laser
Zeri fires an electric pulse that slows and damages the first enemy hit. If the pulse hits a wall it fires a long range laser from the point of impact.
E - Spark Surge
Zeri dashes a short distance and energizes her next 3 casts of Burst Fire, causing them to pierce through enemies. She will vault over or grind along any terrain she dashes into, depending on the angle. Hitting a champion with an attack or ability reduces Spark Surge’s cooldown.
R - Lightning Crash
Zeri discharges a nova of electricity, damaging nearby enemies, and overcharges herself for a moderate duration. While overcharged, Zeri gains increased damage, Attack Speed, and Move Speed. Attacking enemy champions refreshes the overcharge duration and adds another stack of Move Speed. While overcharged, Burst Fire's damage concentrates into a faster triple shot that chains lightning between enemies.
To round it all out, Zeri has her own version of the WIthered Rose skin line, Withered Rose Zeri.
Zeri and the rest of the changes coming in the League of Legends' 12.2 update are sure to be electrifying come launch on Thursday, January 20th. Stay tuned with us for all the latest news leading up to release day!