Riot is bringing the seamstress top-laner her very own mini rework in patch 12.13. The 13th of July will see a bunch of other changes, but notably, Gwen will be getting a rework.
The hallowed seamstress hasn't had much impact since joining the game back in April 2021. Some professional players have had fun with her, but unfortunately, she doesn't seem to fit in many other spaces in League of Legends.
Riot has also noticed this and is giving her a mini-rework to try and make her viable again. Riot Games have also done this with Sivir who received a mini-rework too. But with the changes coming up for the top laner, what will be different about her?
Don't Miss: Discover Razer's Ultimate Gaming Laptops Now
Gwen changes in League of Legends PBE
The changes for the League of Legends champion Gwen will be game-changing for her play style. Following the healing changes in the game, her innate healing will be nerfed as well as her ultimate. However, her Q ability will be buffed, meaning increased damage at the start.
Here are the changes being implemented in this patch.
- HP Regen Growth: 0.55 --> 0.9 per 5s
Q - Snip Snip!
- Damage per Snip: 9-21(+5% AP) --> 10-26(+5%AP)
- Final Snip Damage: 45-105(+25%AP) --> 60-140(+35%AP)
- Center Snip: 100% True Damage --> 75% True Damage
- Deals 75% damage to minions
- Minions below 20% health take 1000% bonus damage insead of reduced damage
W - Hallowed Mist
- Bonus Resistances: 12-20(+5%AP) --> 17-25(+7%AP)
- Duration: 5s --> 4s
E - Skin'n Slash
- Bonus Magic Damage: 10(+15%AP) --> 15(20%AP)
- Bonus Range: 50 --> 75
- Cooldown: 13-9s --> 13-11s
- Cooldown Refund: 50% --> 25/35/45/55/65%
R - Needlework
- Damage Per Neelde: 30/55/80(+8%AP) --> 35/65/95(+10%AP)
- [ADJUSTED] Recast resets after damaging an enemy --> Resets after 1s
How do these changes affect Gwen?
The recast timer on Gwen's ultimate has been the biggest change to her kit in this League of Legends patch. The health she regained from auto-attacks was busted and caused a lot of issues for other summoners. This nerf means that the health regained will be put on hold for a second.
The E ability changes also seem a bit strange from Riot. Given that mana is never usually an issue for Gwen, they could have increased the mana needed for her E. Additionally, the added range on her E may actually make her Q E combo stronger as it can now reach further.
When do these changes go live?
These changes are currently in the League of Legends PBE and are looking to be released in patch 12.13. This patch will be available from July 13 2022.
For more articles like this, take a look at our League Of Legends and More page.