Recent Genshin Impact leaks have revealed the character model for the Dendro Archon, the ruler of the Sumeru nation.
Here's a brief introduction to archons in Genshin Impact and what we know so far about the Dendro Archon.
What is an Archon in Genshin Impact?
Genshin Impact's compelling story follows the Journey of the Traveler who is looking for a sibling that was taken by a mysterious God.
The plan is to visit all Archons looking for answers. Archons are the human vessels of each nation's deity and are gods of the elements.
So far, the Traveler has met three of the seven archons:
- Venti, the Anemo Archon from Mondstadt
- Mondstadt is based in Medieval Europe
- Zhongli, the Geo Archon from Liyue
- Liyue is based on the Chinese Golden Era
- Ei, the Electro Archon from Inazuma
- Inazuma resembles Japan during the Shogunate
By the end of Archon Quest Chapter 2, Act 3, Omnipresence Over Mortals, Yae Miko suggested that the next stop for the Traveler and Paimon should be Sumeru, the Dendro Nation.
Genshin Impact 3.0 & Sumeru
Before continuing with the recap of the story, these are some details to keep in mind:
- The Dendro Element is the only one without a playable character.
- Sumeru is based on middle eastern civilizations, the nation is covered by deserts and other areas like oases with plenty of vegetation.
- The nation is full of scholars and researchers, therefore is considered the land of Knowledge.
- Sumeru will arrive in Genshin Impact 3.0, which was expected to go live on August 3, 2022, but the decision of Hoyoverse to postpone version 2.7 may delay its release.
Who is the Dendro Archon?
According to the lore, the Dendro Archon the God of the Woods perished during the Cataclysm in Kaenri'ah, 500 Years ago.
Lesser Lord Kusanali, also known as the Little Grass Queen, took his place.
Kusanali is the youngest of all archons, only a little over 500 years of age.
Kusanali Character Design
Recent leaks indicate that Kusanali will introduce a new character model. She will be a young girl older than Diona, Qiqi, and Klee but a little younger than characters like Ayaka and Yanfei.
The Dendro Archon will carry a small magical staff, she will have grayish hair, three pieces of flowers on her head, and clothing filled with floral patterns.
It seems Kusanali will look like Theresa Apocalypse, another Hoyoverse character from the game Honkai Impact 3.
It wouldn't be the first time characters are similar, as Yae Miko from Genshin seems to be based on Yae Sakura from Honkai.
The Dendro Archon's appearance as a Young Child makes sense if we compare the age of the other archons.
- Venti is 2400 years old, and he is a young boy.
- Zhongli is the oldest person in Teyvat, he is 6000 years old. That is why he's portrayed as a mature man.
- Kusanali (Dendro Archon) is around 500 years old, so it is natural she is a little child.
If everything works according to plan. Queen Kusanali's big debut will be in Genshin Impact 3.1, probably during the second anniversary.