Kirara is a 4-star Dendro Sword user from Inazuma set to release in Genshin Impact Patch 3.7 on 24th May 2023. This adorable Nekomata from Inazuma travels all across Teyvat as a courier for her delivery service, the Komaniya Express.
Kirara plays the role of a shielder who applies Dendro to your enemies as a sub-DPS and has an Elemental Burst that packs quite a punch. You will primarily build her as a shielder or for her Elemental Reactions. This guide will cover Kirara's best build, including her best weapons, artifacts, and team compositions.
For similar Genshin Impact build guides, check out our best builds for the Raiden Shogun and Nilou, who synergize quite well with Kirara.
Best artifact sets for Kirara in Genshin Impact
Since Kirara is primarily a shielder with some elemental application similar in playstyle to Diona, you're going to want to maximize her Elemental Skills. Her shield scales with HP%, so the best artifacts on Kirara will help boost her overall HP.
- Tenacity of the Milileth: We recommend the 2-piece set bonus from this artifact set that boosts her HP by 20%.
- Vourukasha's Glow: Also provides a 2-piece set bonus for a 20% increase in HP. If you want to be really tanky and have a powerful shield, you can stack both of these 2-piece set bonuses.
- Deepwood Memories: If you want to play Kirara for her Dendro damage and elemental reactions, then Deepwood Memories should be your go-to choice. It increases her Dendro DMG while reducing enemy Dendro Res making it easier for Dendro DPS units to burst enemies down.
- Noblesse Oblige: Lastly, if you're looking to play a more supportive role where your playstyle revolves around a big Elemental Burst that deals damage and buffs your team, go with the Noblesse Oblige 4-piece bonus.
Best artifact stats for Kirara in Genshin Impact
For your artifacts you should be looking at the main stats and sub-stats both. Here's what you should try to prioritize for her the main stats on her artifacts pieces.
- Sands: HP% or Elemental Mastery
- HP% or Dendro DMG Bonus
- HP% or Elemental Mastery or CRIT Rate/CRIT DMG
The stat you choose should depend on whether you're going for a supportive shielder Kirara build or a more damage-oriented Kirara build. You can also try to find a middle ground if that suits your playstyle more.
While they may seem minor artifacts, sub stats are extremely important if you want to optimize your character, and in some cases, good sub stats can trump mediocre main stats. Now let's talk about Kirara's priority artifacts substats for this build.
- Energy Recharge
- Elemental Mastery
- CRIT Rate/ CRIT DMG
Best weapons for Kirara in Genshin Impact
With artifacts out of the way, one of the other main sources of massive stat buffs is the weapon. Let's go over some of the best 5-star, 4-star and Free to Play options for swords you can equip Kirara with for this build.
- Key of Khaj-Nisut: By far the best sword on Kirara for this build due to its powerful Bonus HP% main stat that synergizes with her kit. Not to mention it will also boost Kirara and her team's Elemental Mastery based on her already high HP. It's the perfect synergy and provides the best of both worlds.
- Sacrificial Sword: A classic 4-star weapon popular on lots of characters due to the sword being fairly easy to get while having a powerful and satisfying weapon skill. The Sacrificial Sword gives you a chance at resetting your Elemental Skill Cooldown. For Kirara, this means more Shield uptime and a lot more Dendro application.
- Sapwood Blade: A powerful Free to Play option for Dendro Sword users, the Sapwood Blade provides a major boost in Elemental Mastery whenever you trigger a Dendro Reaction. Paired with its Energy Recharge main stat that allows you to cycle Elemental Burts fast, it makes sense to run this on Kirara.
Best team compositions for Kirara in Genshin Impact
You may be wondering what kind of team composition a defensive Dendro character could even fit in. Luckily, there are actually quite a lot of them for you to experiment with. Let's list the ones we're most excited to try out.
|Role||Hyperbloom Team||Bloom Team||Spread Team||Burgeon Team|
|DPS||Raiden Shogun/Alhaitham||Nilou/Kokomi/Yelan||Raiden Shogun/Alhaitham||Ayato/Alhaitham|
|Sub-DPS||Nahida||Nilou/Dendro Traveler||Fischl/Yae Miko||Thoma|
These are the teams that will bring out Kirara's maximum potential. You can try swapping some characters around based on what you have. Just try your best to play around with a specific Elemental Reaction.
That's all you need to know about Kirara's best build, best artifacts, weapons and best team compositions. If you want to learn more about her, check out Kirara's ascension materials, or you can check out some other top Dendro characters such as Nahida and Alhaitham.