Genshin Impact 2.6 is a very exciting rollercoaster, with compelling storytelling and a vast new region to explore.
However, for experienced and dedicated players the new content is not enough, thankfully we have the Spiral Abyss. The ultimate Genshin Impact challenge where players can show their best skills.
These are the best characters to clear the current Genshin Impact 2.6 Spiral Abyss.
What is the Spiral Abyss?
The Spiral Abyss is a particular type of Domain unlocked at Adventure Rank 20 located in Musk Reef.
The Spiral Abyss consists of two main parts:
- The Abyss Corridor (Floors 1-8)
- The rewards from these floors can be obtained only once.
- The Abyssal Moon Spire (Floors 9–12).
- The last floors refresh every 15 days, bringing new enemies and the rewards are available again.
The Spiral Abyss Moon Spire requires two teams of 4 and the following special rules:
- No food or other consumables are available.
- No change of party members while fighting on each floor.
- No change of artifacts or weapons
- Each Floor is divided into two parts, and players can use only one team for each part.
The enemies on each floor change every two weeks, and players receive a different buff.
Best Characters Spiral Abyss ver. 2.6
The Spiral Abyss reintroduces chambers with big mobs of enemies, giving a break to floors full of big bosses. With these changes, the big winners are Anemo Characters and the Cryo Freeze Compositions.
The list includes the 10 most popular characters of the current Spiral Abyss.
Shenhe, the Cryo support, finally made it into the top ten. The current roster of enemies in the spiral abyss benefits Permafrost Teams.
Shenhe is part of the most popular Permafrost team, with Ayaka, Kazuha, and Kokomi.
Previous Position: 11
- Shenhe provides large amounts of Cryo and Physical resistance shred.
- Her Elemental Burst covers a wide area and lasts for a considerable time.
- The boost Damage of Shehe is Tailor-made for Cryo Damage Dealers.
- Non-Cryo party members cannot take full advantage of her support buffs.
9 Baal, Raiden Shogun
This is the lowest ranking for the Raiden Shogun, the 5-star Electro Polearm Character is the best battery for all elements.
We are surprised to see Baal this low, considering that Rational (Raiden, Bennett, Xingqiu/Ayato, Xiangling) is still the most popular team in the spiral abyss.
Perhaps, there are more travelers experimenting with new compositions and this affected not only Raiden Shogun but Xianling that is not on the list, and Bennet.
Previous Position: 6
- Baal is a reliable and consistent DPS, especially in the Rational Team (Baal, Xiangling, Xingqiu, Bennet).
- Raiden Shogun inflicts constant Electro application, with high DMG output even with F2P weapons like the catch.
- With a high generation of Energy particles, she is the best battery.
- Can't cook any kind of food and don't work well with Beidou.
Zhongli is still holding in this list, the Geo Archon is very relevant however, healers little by little are replacing characters that create shields.
Another important factor for Zhongli losing positions is the fact players are focusing more on Elemental Reactions and Crystallized is just a defensive reaction.
Previous Position: 4
- Zhongli is the perfect solution to break the rifthounds guards from the Golden Wolflord.
- Zhongli Elemental has many AOE Geo DMG, can petrify characters, and quickly take down giant bosses' shields.
- The shield of Zhongli is the only ability that decreases the resistance to all elements and physical DMG.
- Low Energy Recharge Rate and Low Normal Attack DMG mean you'll have to be strategic.
The Half-Human - Half Adepti is one of two Cryo main DPS in this list. Ganyu is still popular among players, after months of her original release.
Previous Position: 10
- Ganyu Base Stats give her insane Crit. DMG and Cryo DMG. With these fantastic attributes is easier to fight god-tier artifacts.
- She has a diverse arsenal of powerful abilities, to the point that, unlike other Bow users, Ganyu's Charged Shots deal-infused AoE DMG.
- Very low HP, weak against Corrosion and Big bosses attacks.
Xingqiu still remains as a viable support that can punch for Big Damage Numbers, a great investment, considering he just gets better with Constellations and they are pretty accessible.
Xingqiu is the Free Character that players will obtain by completing challenges in Genshin Impact 2.6 main event: Hues of the Violet Garden.
Previous Position: 6
- If someone deserves the Master of All traits title is Xingqiu, even his Passive Skill is valuable, allowing players to regain crafting materials.
- His elemental skill provides powerful defensive and offensive support while reducing incoming DMG and Resistance to Interruption.
- The Elemental Burst provides DMG reduction, supplemental Hydro DMG, and heals.
- He requires a couple of constellations to become a God-tier character and a Sacrificial Sword refinement 5
Is it people getting tired of Bennett? Well, the 4-star Pyro Sword Character has been the indisputable king of Genshin Impact for a very long time.
His attack boost in combination with healing allows Bennett to be the character with the best utility.
But even when there is no replacement for Bennett perhaps players are just moving to different playstyles, as he continues falling in the list.
Previous Position: 4
- His support abilities and Pyro elemental reactions can play along and buff every character:
- Provides a powerful ATK buff based on his ATK and can heal up to 70% of character's max health.
- His entire party enjoys increased damage during his elemental burst while they can spam their abilities protected with constant healing.
- His Constellation 6 is so bad that players must avoid it at all costs.
The vessel of the Anemo Archon was absent in this top ten for a while, however, Hoyoverse decided to bring back big waves of enemies, and no one like Venti to pull them all together.
Venti is currently featured in the character banner Ballad in Goblets that will run until April 19.
Previous Position: 14
- Great Crowd Control, Elemental Burst groups up enemies and absorbs elements.
- A high generation of Energy Particles allows him to spam his abilities.
- Elemental Burst doesn't react well with enemies with elemental auras.
Kamisato Ayaka the Ice Queen regains the throne as the best DPS in the game, showing that permafrost compositions are here to stay.
The playstyle of this 5-star Cryo Sword Character works very well with big bosses or herds of enemies like in the current Spiral Abyss.
Previous Position: 8
- Ayaka, the leader of the Kamisato clan, is a very popular main DPS for the Second part of the floor 12th of the Spyral Abyss.
- This character is excellent for freezing enemies, and her high-burst DMG can take big bosses with ease.
- Ayaka doesn't have Crowd Control, not suitable Cryo Applications, no good support skills.
The real Cinderella in Genshin Impact is Kokomi. She passed from featuring the least popular banner, to have an amazing rerun, and now Kokomi is at the top of the Spiral Abyss.
The 5-star Hydro character can not crit but can tank, heal and apply Hydro Element like very few.
Previous Position: 6
- Kokomi is the more potent healer in the game. In addition, Kokomi's survival skills are smooth, allowing her team to deploy their skills with ease.
- Kokomi is a great tank. She can be the punching bag from hard to dodge enemy attacks.
- The elemental skill from Sangonomiya Priestess is a consistent source of Hydro Application.
- Kokomi DMG output is not significant in the last floors of the Spiral Abyss.
While players are waiting for the return of Kaedehara Kazuha, the 5-star Anemo Sword Character manages to recover the Crown as the most popular character in the Spiral Abyss.
Previous Position: 2
- Kazuha can spam his abilities, absorbing the element reaction to produce more DMG.
- His playstyle is very simple and very enjoyable.
- Kazuha replaced Venti as the most popular Anemo character for:
- An effortless Elemental Burst ability
- Low investment weapons and artifacts
- Most people made the mistake of skipping his banner. So they do not have the character.
READ MORE: Genshin Impact 2.7: Leaks, Release Date & All the Latest News