A brand new fishing system has been introduced, along with a new Serenitea Pot pond to raise Ornamental Fish in Genshin Impact 2.1. Here's all the details you need to know about it.
Without further ado, make sure you already accomplished these features in order to start catching fish in Genshin Impact:
- Unlock the Serenitea Pot system, (Complete the Archon Quest "A New Star Approaches and A Teapot to Call Home)
- Complete Exploding Population quest (Upcoming Quest)
How to fish?
- Players will have to craft baits with world exploration collectible materials. For example, Fruit Paste Bait is made of wheat x1 and Sunsettia x1.
- Select the appropriate fishing rod and bait. Note that every water body will require a specific type of bait.
- Cast your line and keep track of your fishing progress
Players can identify fishing points, if they see ripples in a nearby water body. Fishing points refresh every 3 days.
Each region of Genshin Impact will have its own fishing association. Players can exchange their catch of the day for Rods, Special Bait Blueprints, some event special rewards.
Inazuma Fishing Association Rewards:
- Narukawa Ukai 4 stars Fishing rod
- The Catch 4 stars Polearm (in paper the best F2P polearm for Baal)
- Ako's Sake Vessel, refine material for The Catch
Liyue Fishing Association Rewards:
- Pool of Sapphire Grace (Pond for collecting fish in the Serenitea Pot)
- Wishmaker 4 stars fishing rod.
Monstadt Fishing Association Rewards:
- Blueprints for special baits, Redrot Bait, Fake Fly bait, False Worm Bait.
Perks and Quality Life Changes
- A pin for indicating Fishing Points has been added to the map.
- You can check the species of fish that you have already caught in the "Living Beings" section of the Archive.
- You can also use your catch as meat in cooking.
What other surprises await us in Genshin Impact?