With the thanks of dataminers, this should contain all the info of what's to come to the island over the next month or so.
Latest News - Downtime confirmed
Downtime has commenced for 15.20, with the launch of the latest update going live at 4am ET / 9am GMT!
15.20 arrives on Wednesday, 13 January.
With Downtime commencing at 4am ET / 9am GMT, we are expecting the new season to go live between 5am-6am ET / 10am-11am GMT.
The Mandalorian Is On The Move
Since the start of Operation Snowdown, you may have noticed that The Mandalorian has been walking a different path to usual.
It seems like that is set to continue as the season goes on.
Dataminers and leakers have uncovered some interesting information about what to expect from him over the course of Chapter 2 Season 5.
The current rumour is that he is going to eventually head to Stealthy Stronghold to welcome Predator to the game.
For some reason, Epic Games doesn't release patch notes anymore.
Instead, creators with Support-A-Creator codes get a form of patch notes.
Using these and Fortnite's Trello Board, we can create our own patch notes and will update this when the update happens.
The patch notes are as follows as reported by Gfinity Esports, based on the Fortnite Community Trello Board:
- Michonne Outfit visual issue with Cape back blings.
- We are aware that the Michonne Outfit (without the poncho edit style) has visual issues when using a Cape back bling. This issue will be fixed in a future game update.
- Rebooted players may see an already completed Bounty.
- If a Bounty was accepted and completed before a player was Rebooted, upon reboot they may see that Bounty appear on their screen.
- Since the Bounty was already completed while you were awaiting Reboot, simply let it time out.
- Total Bars appearing as 0 in a match.
- Players may on rare occasion load into a match without their total Bars available, showing 0 in their persistent stash.
- Don't worry, your total collected Bars are still tracked - but collecting Bars in the match where they appear at 0 will not add to your cumulative total.
- Loading into another match should show your total collected Bars, however any collected in the match where they appeared 0 will not have been added.
- Bars in Arena must be gathered in-match and your persistent stash is unavailable.
- Hypernova Outfit appearing as a different Outfit in the Lobby and in-match.
- The Hypernova Outfit may appear as a different Outfit in the Lobby and in a match.
Save The World Top
- Quest progress not instantly updating in the HUD and Quest Log.
- Quest progress may be slow to update in the HUD and Quest Log.
Weapon Mods Coming
Weapon mods aren't a new thing to gaming, in fact they aren't new to Fortnite either.
In Save The World players can mod weapons by adding attachments, and now they appear to be coming to Fortnite Battle Royale too.
HYPEX revealed the leak in a tweet,
Attachments are already a big part of other Battle Royale games, such as Apex Legends and Call of Duty: Warzone, where players can find items such as scopes to improve their weapons as they progress through a match.
Knowing Fortnite like we do, these likely won't just be limited to basic mods such as scopes and suppressors, although it is likely these will be included.
It does open up the possibility for Epic Games to blend many of their unique and wacky weapons and items together to make some truly crazy items.
Perhaps a Minigun that shoots explosive Tin Cans, or a Shotgun that freezes opponents in addition to doing damage, making jumping into an opponents box a lot more risky.
New Exotic Weapons
Operation Snowdown has now ended and all the gear and activities available in it are no longer up for grabs.