Operation Snowdown is finally here, the yearly winter event from Fortnite.
Here is everything you need to know!
Ahead of the launch of the new event, Epic Games has released the trailer for Operation Snowdown, giving players a glimpse at what to expect.
Operation Snowdown will feature many challenges, with each granting a different reward from skins, pickaxes, music packs, wraps, and more.
Here is a list of all of the challenges, the event has started with two challenges being available and a new one will unlock each day for the next two weeks.
Complete Epic Quests (73)
- Visit different Snowmando outposts (1)
- Deal damage with Lever Action Rifle (100)
- Complete Operation Snowdown Quests (9)
- Complete Operation Snowdown Quests (12)
- Dance at different Holiday trees (5)
- Search chests at Snowmando outposts (5)
- Place Top 10 with friends in squads (3)
- Destroy Nutcracker statues (5)
- Travel 5,000 meters in X-4 Stormwings (5,000)
- Shoot down opponent structures with X-4 Stormwings (10)
- Collect Gold Bars (100)
- Catch a Snowy Flopper (1)
- Revive a player in different matches (3)
- Hide inside a Sneaky Snowmando in different matches (3)
- Play duo/squads with friends (5)
- Stoke a campfire (2)
- Deal damage at Snowmando outposts (250)
- Use Chiller Launcher to apply icy feet to opponents (10)
Overall the challenges seem fairly straight forward and a lot of them will be gained through natural play time.
Operation Snowdown will a feature the new Snowdown Shuffle playlist which will cycle through various LTMs, including the return of Air Royale.
Here are the LTMs that will be available to play throughout Operation Snowdown.
- Air Royale
- Tilted Taxis
- Score Royale
- Rally Royale
- Pickaxe Frenzy
Planes Have Returned
The X-4 Stormwing hasn't been seen in game since Chapter 1 Season 7 ended in early 2018.
Season 7 was also winter themed, which introduced the snow biome to the Chapter 1 map.
They have finally made a return to the game, whether they stay beyond Operation Snowdown we're not sure.
But for now, fans of them have a chance to use them again.
Operation Snowdown is set to end on January 5th, giving players around two and a half weeks to check out all of the new additions to the game.
This will likely be the final update to the game in 2020 as Epic Games usually takes time off over the holiday season.
For more articles like this, take a look at our Fortnite page.