World of Warcraft Shadowlands 9.2 brings a ton of new content, and plenty of it centers on new Legendaries.
From a new raid in Sepulcher of the First Ones to the return of tier sets, there's plenty that players can take on, but one new currency will matter most when it comes to Shadowlands 9.2 Legendaries - Cosmic Flux.
With that in mind, here's everything you need to know about Cosmic Flux in Shadowlands 9.2, including where to find it in Zereth Mortis, the best ways to farm it, and how to use it to craft new Legendaries.
What is Cosmic Flux and how is it used?
Cosmic Flux is patch 9.2's new currency. It's used for both the Creation Catalyst in Zereth Mortis and The Runecarver's Chamber in Torghast.
The Creation Catalyst allows players to convert any Season 3 non-set items into tier set items on a cooldown. In addition to the return of tier sets, this was introduced as a sort of "bad luck protection" for players who either aren't able to fully complete their tier set or as a catch-up mechanic for alts.
The Runecarver's Chamber is the known place for all things Legendaries, as players go visit the Runecarver in his Chamber in Torghast to craft their Legendries. However, for 9.2, although this will remain the same, the addition of Cosmic Flux has changed this up a bit, making it so players will need the currency in order to upgrade their Legendaries up Rank 7.
How to obtain Cosmic Flux in Patch 9.2
Cosmic Flux can be obtained through five main areas: Zereth Mortis, Sepulcher of the First Ones, PvP, Mythic+, and Torghast, Tower of the Damned.
With that, here's all of the available Cosmic Flux in each of these areas.
- Completing daily and world quests in Zereth Mortis.
- Daily quests give 75 Cosmic Flux each.
- Completing the Zereth Mortis quest, Patterns Within Patterns every week.
- The weekly gives 150 Cosmic Flux.
- Opening Treasures in Zereth Mortis.
- The first openings of the day give 75 Cosmic Flux, after that, they give 10-14 each. Additionally, rare treasures give 200 each.
- Defeating Rare Elites in Zereth Mortis.
- Defeating elites repeatedly reward 50-75 Cosmic Flux.
- Enlightened Broker Supplies (The Enlightened Paragon Reputation reward) contains 1,000 Cosmic Flux.
Sepulcher of the First Ones
- Defeating a Sepulcher of the First Ones raid boss gives 100 Comic Flux.
- Winning Rated Battlegrounds gives 100 Cosmic Flux
- Clearing a Mythic Dungeon gives 100 Cosmic Flux
Torghast, Tower of the Damned
There are two ways players can go about receiving Cosmic Flux from Torghast. First the normal Torghast with its layers and second, the newly added Jailer's Gauntlet.
For normal Torghast players have to complete Layers 13 and above, earning 100 Cosmic Flux in total by completing from Layer 13 through Layer 16.
- Layer 13 rewards 70 Cosmic Flux.
- Layer 14 rewards 10 Cosmic Flux.
- Layer 15 rewards 10 Cosmic Flux.
- Layer 16 rewards 10 Cosmic Flux.
As for the Jailer's Gauntlet, it varies by layer, with an initial of 25 Cosmic Flux per layer until Layer 4. Past that Layer, players will begin to see increments of 100 Cosmic Flux until layer 8.