Charles Leclerc claimed pole position for Sunday's race in an eventful Saturday afternoon French Grand Prix Qualifying session.
RealSport101's Harry Smith is on hand to recap all of Saturday's action.
F1 French Grand Prix: Q1 Results
Charles Leclerc pipped championship rival Verstappen to the top spot in Q1 on Saturday afternoon as Lando Norris and Kevin Magnussen both impressed.
Pierre Gasly and Lance Stroll set identical times as they were eliminated in Q1, while Mick Schumacher was thrust back into the bottom five after his final lap time was deleted for a track limits violation. Zhou Guanyu and Nicholas Latifi will also start in the bottom five tomorrow.
Eliminated in Q1:
- P16: Pierre Gasly (AlphaTauri)
- P17: Lance Stroll (Aston Martin)
- P18: Zhou Guanyu (Alfa Romeo)
- P19: Mick Schumacher (Haas)
- P20: Nicholas Latifi (Williams)
F1 French Grand Prix: Q2 Results
Carlos Sainz may be starting from the back of the grid on Sunday, but the Spaniard was in scintillating form during Q2, going nine-tenths faster than anyone on his first flying lap.
Lewis Hamilton moved within three-tenths of Verstappen on his final lap of the session, while Yuki Tsunoda and Lando Norris squeezed into Q3 with some impressive lap times.
Eliminated in Q2:
- P11: Daniel Ricciardo (McLaren)
- P12: Esteban Ocon (Alpine)
- P13: Valtteri Bottas (Alfa Romeo)
- P14: Sebastian Vettel (Aston Martin)
- P15: Alex Albon (Williams)
F1 French Grand Prix: Q3 Results
Ferrari executed their qualifying strategy to perfection in Q3, using Carlos Sainz's car to slipstream Leclerc on his way to pole position. Max Verstappen was three-tenths back from his championship rival and will start on the front row.
Lewis Hamilton out-qualified George Russell once again, while Norris placed his upgraded McLaren package on the third row of the grid in P5.
Top 10 Qualifying Order:
- P1: Charles Leclerc (Ferrari)
- P2: Max Verstappen (Red Bull)
- P3: Sergio Perez (Red Bull)
- P4: Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes)
- P5: Lando Norris (McLaren)
- P6: George Russell (Mercedes)
- P7: Fernando Alonso (Alpine)
- P8: Yuki Tsunoda (AlphaTauri)
- P9: Carlos Sainz (Ferrari) - No Time
- P10: Kevin Magnussen (Haas) - No Time