It's no secret that Fallout 76 isn't the best post-apocalyptic game that Bethesda have produced. The developers have regularly been adding content and patching 76 since its 2018 release.
Next month, another update will be dropping in the form of Steel Dawn. The Brotherhood of Steel will be returning to the Wasteland, as well as a host of new additions for the game.
We've got everything you need to know about Steel Dawn right here!
The Brotherhood is back!
The Brotherhood of Steel are always present in Fallout games. Their quests are usually some of the most lucrative in wasteland, with the best armour and weapons.
With the Brotherhood being key protagonists (or antagonists, if you get on their bad side) in Fallout 3 and 4, it makes sense that they're coming to 76. Fallout 3 is set in Washington, DC, and 4 in Boston, MA, neither too far from West Virginia.
This is the first chapter of the Brotherhood of Steel questline and expands on the Wastelanders update. Steel Dawn adds new NPCs, locations to visit, C.A.M.P. Shelters, new weapons and armour.
Alongside the return of the Brotherhood, Steel Dawn introduces a new Season. Season 3 begins 15th December, with the S.C.O.R.E. board also being added as well.
When your game updates, Paladin Leila Rahmani and her troops have arrived from California to establish a new Appalachian chapter for the Brotherhood.
You will work with or against other Factions and visit settlements with new NPCs and unlock weapons and armour from the Brotherhood arsenal.
READ MORE: Mass Effect Legendary Edition: Multiplayer
There's not a lot known about this chapter, the last Fallout game to be set in California was 1998's Fallout 2. The Brotherhood does feature in that title, so these could be the descendants of that faction.
If you want to see what's in store for you, Bethesda have released this teaser to go alongside the announcement:
READ MORE: Harry Potter RPG: Hogwarts Legacy REVEALED!
Full Patch Notes
The addition of the Brotherhood is far from the only addition coming to 76 in December.
Here's the full list of next month's updates:
- New Questline – Determine how you will aid The Brotherhood of Steel NPCs in the first chapter of their new all-new story, available 1st December.
- New Locations and Gear – Unlock unique weapons and armour from Steel Dawn and explore new locations newly populated with members of The Brotherhood and other factions.
READ MORE: Starfield has Bethesda’s biggest ever map
- Season 3 Scoreboard – Join Time Operative K.D. Inkwell in her quest for the Guild of Antiquities and rank up to unlock new rewards including C.A.M.P. Allies, Lunchboxes, and more. Available 15th December.
- C.A.M.P. Shelters – Build and decorate in the new underground, instanced spaces separate from your main C.A.M.P. Complete a new quest and get your first Shelter free beginning 1st December.
- Lite Allies – Recruit two new allies as you rank up during Season 3, who offer bonuses exclusively from your C.A.M.P.
Steel Dawn will release worldwide for all Fallout 76 on 1st December.