PUBG's Miramar is finally getting a facelift. Season 12 is right around the corner and it seems like PUBG has decided that this is the perfect time to update Miramar. It's more than just a visual update though, as map flow is also being updated and there should be less clutter in certain tight spots.
Below, we have the latest on all the new map changes coming to PUBG from tomorrow, June 2nd.
Season 12 Map Change Patch Notes
If you're looking for specifics, we hate to be the ones to tell you that there isn't really anything too specific to talk about.
PUBG's latest Patch Notes, which discuss the map changes that are coming to Miramar, are pretty vague when it comes to actually discuss the changes to Miramar.
" Throughout the map, we’ve focused on improving the overall visual quality (lighting especially) while also keeping a close eye on improving player interactions with the environment to improve your gameplay experience.
Expect an overall smoother experience, with reduced object clutter, less troublesome coastlines, adjusted cover across the map, and more."
Here's what we have below:
- Terrain Updates
- We have improved the visual fidelity of textures and materials across the map. Additional cliffs have been added for steep slopes, which clearly indicate areas that cannot be climbed easily.
- Cliff Updates
- Cliffs have been improved across the map and now look much better overall.
- Foliage Updates
- Trees, plants, and other foliage have received vast visual improvements.
- Lighting Updates
- Looking at the map, we plotted the sun’s arch and tweaked the lighting setups to represent different times of day better. We aimed to create a softer image with less contrast to help with eye strain while still ensuring longer distance engagements.
- In the existing weather types: Sunny, Sunset, Sunrise, and Cloudy, the intensity and color have been adjusted.
- Sandstorm and Dusk will be introduced in Challenger Mode.
- Finally, improvements were made to the bunker and interior lighting.
- Building and Object Updates
- Many buildings and objects across the map have received visual improvements.
- Map Flow
- Reduced clutter across the map to improve ease of movement, especially around building entrances.
You can check out the full Patch 12.1 Patch Notes here. There's a lot more than just the Miramar map changes being implemented in PUBG Season 12.