Agent 47's spring just got a whole lot busier. Check out everything you need to know about the new Hitman 3 DLC that was announced by IO Interactive earlier today.
The surprise announcement that more Hitman 3 DLC was on the way is going to be fantastic for anyone new or old to the series.
You can check out the announcement trailer below:
As it stands, Greed is set to release on March 30th. This "Season of Sin" will be a combination of free content updates and paid Premium Expansions.
Below, we have more information in a bullet-pointed list from IO Interactive:
- HITMAN 3 is getting a new 7-part premium expansion based around the Seven Deadly Sins
- There’s 7 content packs in total, each one focused on a different sin
- Each content pack includes a new contract and sin-themed unlockable items
- The first sin is Greed and is the first content pack, Act 1: Greed, will be released on 30 March 2021
- All 7 content packs are available at a discounted rate in the Seven Deadly Sins Collection
But, what about the rest of Hitman 3's content going forward? As it turns out, this is the content going forward. In a way, anyway...
- HITMAN 3’s live content will be released via Seasons of Sin
- A season can last between 4-6 weeks and each season is focused on a different sin
- The Season of Greed in HITMAN 3 starts on 30 March 2021
- There will be regular – and free – content added to the game for all owners
READ MORE: Hitman 3 March Content Roadmap
As for the rest of the Seven Deadly Sins Collection, only time will tell.
The new Hitman 3 DLC is just the first part of a seven-part collection of expansions that aim to delve into the depths of Agent 47's mind.
Greed is coming on March 30th, but there's still Pride, Sloth, Lust, Gluttony, Wrath, and Envy to come.
READ MORE: Hitman 3 Behind The Scenes Trailer
All we know about the first part of this new Hitman 3 DLC series is that it seems to be more headed back to the series' roots: "when it was all just about seeing those numbers grow in your body count".
The mysterious voice-over longs for a time before things got personal, but we reckon this could be the most personal Hitman DLC yet.
READ MORE: Hitman 3 Outsold Hitman 2 VERY Quickly
" As well as the Seven Deadly Sins Collection, HITMAN 3 owners can continue to enjoy ‘live content’ that is added to the game at no additional cost. As we’ve already done in the last two months, players can expect Escalations, Featured Contracts and Elusive Targets to be added to the game regularly – including brand new HITMAN 3 Elusive Targets!"
For the latest, keep an eye on the relevant social media channels here.