April is a big month for Clash of Clans and the first major update for SuperCell's hit mobile game is here!
Below we have everything you need to know about the next major update and what's in store whether you're playing on iOS, Android, or a PC Emulator.
Town Hall 14 Upgrade
Town Hall 14 is finally here in Clash of Clans and there are a few key changes in the latest title update from SuperCell.
Firstly, Town Hall 14 will have a Giga Inferno that can be upgraded through five different levels. Then, when it is destroyed it will drop a Poison Bomb that will damage AND slow enemies.
Below, we have all the newly unlocked levels and items from upgrading to TH14.
TH14 Upgrade Unlocks
- 25x new Wall pieces
- 1x Air Bomb
- 1x Seeking Air Mine
- 1x Skeleton Trap
- 1x Bomb
- 1x Giant Bomb
- 1x Pet House
New TH14 Structure Levels
- Level 4 Builder's Hut
- Level 12 Laboratory
- Level 10 Clan Castle
- Level 15 Gold Storage
- Level 15 Elixir Storage
- Level 9 Dark Elixir Storage
- Level 20 Cannon
- Level 13 Hidden Tesla
- Level 9 Bomb Tower
- Level 8 Inferno Tower
- Level 5 Eagle Artillery
- Level 3 Scattershot
- Level 10 Bomb
- Level 15 Wall
New TH14 Hero Levels
- Barbarian King Level 80 → Iron Fist Level 16
- Archer Queen Level 80 → Royal Cloak Level 16
- Grand Warden Level 55 → Eternal Tome + Life Aura Level 11
- Royal Champion Level 30 → Seeking Shield Level 6
New TH14 Troop Levels
- Level 10 Barbarian (Super Barbarian level 10)
- Level 10 Archer (Super Archer level 10)
- Level 10 Wall Breaker (Super Wall Breaker level 10)
- Level 7 Healer
- Level 8 Baby Dragon (Inferno Dragon level 8)
- Level 10 Minion (Super Minion level 10)
- Level 9 Valkyrie (Super Valkyrie level 9)
- Level 6 Ice Golem
New TH14 Spell Levels
- Level 7 Clone
- Level 8 Poison
New TH14 Specific Changes
- Attack and nexting cost increased from 1200 to 1300
- Gold/Elixir Storage loot cap increased from 550k to 600k
- DE Storage loot cap increased from 4.5k to 5k
- Max gold/elixir loot in War increased from 130k to 140k
- Max DE loot in War increased from 700 to 750
- Max gold loot in legend league increased from 500k to 550k
- Max gold/elixir in loot cart increased from 2.6M to 2.8M
- Max DE in loot cart increased from 5.2k to 5.6k
- Max gold/elixir in reengagement loot cart increased from 16M to 17M
- Max DE in reengagement loot cart increased from 160k to 170k
- Max gold/elixir in Treasury increased from 4M to 4.4M
- Max DE in Treasury increased from 20k to 22k
NEW: Hero Pets
This is one of the major new features that has been added to Clash of Clans in the latest title update. Hero Pets are a new kind of unit that adds an extra degree of strategy to your Hero Units in every Clash of Clans battle.
- Ability: High Jumper. LA.S.S.I can jump over Walls to attack targets on the other side.
- Favourite target: Within 2.5 Tiles of Hero
- Damage type: Single Target
- Targets: Ground
- Movement speed: 32
- Ability: High Voltage. Electro Owl's attack bounces to a nearby target.
- Favourite target: Hero’s Target
- Damage type: Single Target
- Targets: Ground & Air
- Movement speed: 20
- Ability: Wall Buster. Mighty Yak deals extra damage to Walls.
- Favourite target: Within 7 Tiles of Hero
- Damage type: Area Splash
- Targets: Ground
- Movement speed: 24
- Ability: Personal Healer. Unicorn follows and heals the Hero it is paired with.
- Favourite target: Hero
- Heal type: Single Target
- Targets: Ground & Air
- Movement speed: 16
NEW: Battle Builders
The second new feature included in the Town Hall 14 update for Clash of Clans is the "Battle Builders" update.
If you upgrade your Builder's Hut beyond Level 2, they'll actually start to fight back when being invaded!
- Range: 6 Tiles
- Damage type: Single Target
- Targets: Ground & Air
- Favourite target: Any
Builders will now actively attempt to repair defences while under attack, too! They can't be dealt damage or deal damage, but Status Effect Spells can impede their work long enough for you to destroy that last bit of wall.
Balancing Changes & New Achievements
There are a few key balancing changes being introduced by SuperCell and we've got them detailed below alongside the new Achievements that relate to the new content that's being added.
- Level 6 Clone Spell house space effect has been increased from 33 to 34
- Super Giant HP has been reduced by 200
- Super Minion DPS has been decreased by 50. HP has been increased by 100
- Inferno Dragon level 2 DPS has been decreased from 80-1600 to 79-1580 and HP reduced by 50
- Inferno Dragon beam cooldown time has been increased from 0.5s to 0.6s
- Increase max Spell donation count by 1 for Clans of Level 4 and above
- Level 8 Inferno Tower will have 6 beams while in Multi-Inferno mode
- Not So Easy This Time - Destroy weaponized Town Halls in Multiplayer Battles
- Siege Sharer - Donate Siege Machines (Note: Since Siege Machine donations are now counted towards this Achievement, they are no longer counted towards the Friend in Need Achievement)
- Superb Work - Boost Super Troops
- Bust This! - Destroy weaponized Builder Huts in Multiplayer battles
Bug Fixes & Full Patch Notes
The full Patch Notes can be seen below, or in the SuperCell Release Notes here.
Recruitment Tool Improvements
- It is now possible for players to receive invites without also being suggested in the Find New Members feature. The Invites preference in the player profile now offers 3 settings.
- Receive Invites + Be Suggested
- Receive Invites
- No Invites
- Players who chose to be suggested in the Find New Members feature must confirm that they are still looking for a Clan every week to continue being suggested.
- Invites to join a clan now expire after 2 weeks. This will prevent cases where someone joins a clan unexpectedly from a very old invite.
- There is now an info popup in Find New Members that give some detail on how the feature works and explains what controls clans have over the recommendations.
- Clans can now set a language in their settings.
- Boosts on Heroes or Buildings are no longer cancelled when an upgrade is started and will continue to run in the background.
- Practice mode levels are now only available at the same Town Hall as the level, not one earlier.
- Ongoing Lab upgrade timer continues normally when Lab is upgraded and can be finished with Gems or a Book. New unit/spell upgrades still cannot be started before the Lab upgrade is completed.
- Move some of the obstacles from the new Village starting layout closer to the edges so there's larger continuous empty space for the Village.
- The rewards for the first 19 Goblin Map levels after the tutorial have been increased for a better new player experience:
- Values for level 20 and beyond remain unchanged
Misc UI Changes
- Achievements are now listed in a more sensible order rather than the order they were first added to the game.
- There is now a confirmation popup when pressing the Finish Training button on the Training Screen.
- New icon for max poison DPS to distinguish it from normal DPS
- Lab research screen is accessible during Lab upgrade
- Keep the level badge flame burning in combat hud when all troops/spells are deployed
- Use Pop Over to show what the new buildings/traps are in TH/BH upgrade screen
- The default Skin for the Barbarian King has been given a slight polish by adding more triangles which better captures the character and essence of his royal highness. Furthermore, the custom textures take full advantage of the new shaders. We plan to do this with all of the default skins of each Hero. We will apply this new shader tech to future skins but we have no plans to revisit older ones at the moment.
iOS Specific Changes
- The default frame rate for 120FPS iPad Pro models is set to 60FPS in order to preserve battery usage. If you wish to switch to 120FPS, there is a new Higher Frame Rate option under More Settings that will allow you to revert to 120FPS.
- On supported devices, we now use Apple's Metal graphics API. This offers more efficient performance and should reduce power usage while playing the game.
- In order to use Facebook's social features, it is now necessary to grant permission for cross app-tracking. This is unfortunately required by Facebook for us to offer this feature. Check out Supercell ID for privacy-friendly social features!
- Spring Traps no longer waste spring capacity by ejecting dead troops.
- Fixed minor inaccuracies from Raged Barbarian, Super Barbarian and Sneaky Archer ability timers.
- Fixed minor inaccuracy from Headhunter poison timer.
- Fixed lifetime calculation inaccuracy for Siege Barracks. Its lifetime was not exactly 30 seconds as stated on the info screen.
- Added lifetime information to the Log Launcher info screen.
- Fixed rare targeting bug for ground troops. Ground troops would sometimes fail to pick a target if they have exactly 2 eligible troop targets close to each other and no other targets.
- When troops are deployed inside Invisibility Spell, the effect is applied immediately. Otherwise, defences would sometimes target the deployed troops before they become invisible.
- Lava Hounds and Ice Hounds no longer permanently forget about targeting Air Defenses if all the remaining Air Defenses are invisible when they're targeting.
- Fixed bugs from more accurate Line-of-Sight calculation and re-enable it.
- Introduce better attack position evaluation logic for Archer Queen. It should improve her AI and for example, she's more likely to walk in to open compartments with a missing corner Wall segment now.
- Defensive Healers will no longer heal defensive buildings if the splash happens to hit them.
- Stop Grand Warden from attacking a Wall if nobody else in his group is attacking a Wall.
- Prevent Grand Warden from dying while activating his ability if he's damaged at the exact same moment.
- Allow live spectating attacks among Supercell ID friends.
- Show normal projectiles for Archer Queen when she is invisible without using the Royal Cloak ability.
- Do not use poison avoidance for dead units. Fixes spinning death animation for Electro Dragons.
- Fix some visual inconsistencies in Ice Golem death effects.
- Show loot in single-player storage buildings. Now storages are always visually full if the level has 100% loot remaining instead of being visually empty.
- Take TH based scaling into account in practice and challenge levels. For example, earlier the Santa spell would be scaled based on the player's TH but now it's scaled based on the level's TH.
- Add support for defining skins for the attacker in challenge levels instead of using the player's currently selected skins.
- Add support for attack timer in challenge levels.
- Do not show the indicator in the war screen edit layout button if the button itself isn't visible.
- Players must always choose a war size when signing up for Clan War League, there is no default selection any more.
- Show up to 36 icons during a replay in case the attacker is using that many units. The prior upper limit was 30.
- Fixed crash when trying to open classic war details while the CWL screen is open.
- Fix ground Xbow upgrade asset to match other assets of the same level for levels 5, 6 and 7.
- Do not accumulate XP when destroying Town Hall in practice mode, Super Troop trial level or challenge level. XP has still gained normally in-game modes where your own army is used.
- Fixed a bug where players could have more than the intended number of Super Troops trainable or trained at once.
- Make war info screen text compatible with 1 attack wars by not mentioning the exact attack count.
- Fixed visual Wall connection problems when visiting villages that have destroyed Walls and the village owner has not logged in after they were destroyed.
- Fixed a rare bug in Builder Base where players could randomly get extra troops when the game server had issues during the previous battle.
- Fixed positioning of level 10-11 Army Camp HP bar, name and text bubble.
- Show correct price of Builder Base Army Camp in the Builder Menu in case the previous Army Camp has been very recently built.
- The Builder Menu will now show Builder Huts can be upgraded.
- Disable Move All tool buttons when dragging objects to avoid visual glitches.
- Improve synchronization of visual and logical object coordinates in the layout editor.
- Refresh wall connections properly when swapping walls in the layout editor.
- Fixed failure in the layout editor if more than 500 objects are moved at once.
- Allow swapping of buildings also in the editor without triggering the layout cooldown.
- Prevent donating troops below the requested level. If someone had requested a level 7 Freeze and 1 Spell of any kind in a clan with +1 level perk and had already received level 5+1 Freeze, the donation system would falsely assume that the donated Freeze spell fills the original request.
- Improved sorting of Super Troops within the donation request menu by giving them a specific order instead of an arbitrary order.
- Give proper error messages whenever donation to War Clan Castle fails.
- Apply Clan Perks (and donation level caps) immediately when doing war donations instead of first adding the unmodified troop and then applying modifiers later.