Madden 22 players who have been struggling with selecting a playbook will be happy to know that we enlisted the help of one of the best Madden players in history!
For our first segment of Madden101, we had the privilege of interviewing the only player to win three Madden belts. The one and only, Mike Skimbo, who gave us his thoughts on the best playbooks in Madden 22 Ultimate Team.
Let's take a look at which playbooks Skimbo recommends for new players on both sides of the ball.
The Best Playbooks in Madden 22
Choosing an offensive playbook in Madden 22 can be complicated for new players. The great news for you is that we have a MUT 22 superstar to help you choose yours.
Skimbo has had success in Madden 22 Ultimate Team due to his innovative style and ability to adapt to different playbooks. His opponents are constantly behind the sticks due to his style.
Skimbo says that any new player should get started with the New England Patriots offense. Let's go into detail below.
Offensive Playbook: New England Patriots
Anyone familiar with Mike Skimbo and his Twitch channel knows that for a long time he was running the New England Patriots offense. This is due to a couple of key features of the playbook that work well in MUT 22.
- Shotgun formation: Trips TE Bunch - Great to confuse opposing defensive backs
- Multiple QB runs that can get you easy first downs with little difficulty.
- Potential for man-to-man coverage on the single high receiver.
Running crossing routes in this formation is another great way to get receivers open across the middle. If you've been playing Madden 22 Ultimate Team, you know how important it is to have one-play touchdowns.
You can see how well these bunch formations work in the video below:
For more of Skimbo's Ladder Matches, follow this link to his YouTube channel and watch them all!
Defensive Playbook: Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Are you getting torched on defense constantly? Maybe your opponent's MUT 22 squad's running game is trampling your front seven?
Don't worry, this is exactly why we had to ask Skimbo about the best Madden 22 defensive playbook for beginners. Remember, these playbooks are all about execution, if you need to see them in live-action, head to Skimbo's Twitch channel by following this link.
Here's why Skimbo believes this is the best defense for beginners:
- 3-4 formation allows for additional coverage, without surrendering much ground.
- In MUT 22, you can assign a safety to the linebacker position, giving you better chances at creating turnovers.
- The Buccaneers playbook has incredible blitz plays that can get to the quarterback before he's able to get the ball off.