League of Legends patch 12.5 was a massive patch that made a ton of big balance changes. In response to this, Riot is making sure that the meta stays in check with the year's first micro patch, LoL 12.5b, especially with a long wait before LoL 12.6 arrives.
Riot have their eyes set on a total of nine champions and one item in LoL 12.5b, with a major look at the bottom lane meta.
With that being said, here's what we know about patch 12.5b, including its release date, patch notes, and more.
Riot revealed that LoL 12.5b will hit League players' launchers on Wednesday, March 9th, 2022.
LoL 12.5b Patch Notes
Although a micro patch, LoL 12.5b could have a major effect on the meta.
According to RiotPhlox, a total of nine champions are receiving changes, with seven of them being ADCs. Additionally, the popular support item, Locket of the Iron Solari, is receiving a nerf.
As of now, the LoL 12.5b patch notes that have been revealed so far don't delve into the specific changes just yet, instead just noting what is being buffed and nerfed come patch day.
With that, let's dive right in.
With a total of nine champions receiving changes, there's much to cover.
- Mana: 70 at all ranks ⇒ 75/70/65/60/55
- Attack Damage: 60 ⇒ 62
- Attack Damage growth: 2.3 (101.1 at level 18) ⇒ 2.9 (111.3 at level 18)
E - Wuju Style
- True damage: 30/37/44/51/58 (+30% bonus AD) ⇒ 30/38/46/54/62 (+30% bonus AD) (base damage reverted only)
R - Highlander
- Cooldown: 100/90/80 seconds ⇒ 85 seconds at all ranks (reverted)
W - Blighted Quiver
- Passive bonus magic damage on-hit: 7/9/11/13/15 (+30% AP) ⇒ 7/10.5/14/17.5/21 (+30% AP)
R - Chain of Corruption
- Base magic damage: 150/200/250 ⇒ 150/250/350
- Armor: 28 ⇒ 26
- Health: 530 ⇒ 510
Q - Switcheroo!
- Fishbones Mana: 16/17/18/19/20 ⇒ 20 at all ranks
- Fishbones Range: 100/125/150/175/200 ⇒ 80/110/140/170/200
Passive - Arcane Mastery
- Maximum mana increase: 5% per 100 AP ⇒ 10% per 100 AP
Q - Overload
- Damage: 75/100/125/150/175 (+40% AP) (+3% bonus mana) ⇒ 70/90/110/130/150 (+45% AP) (+3% bonus mana)
- Attack Damage: 58 ⇒ 53
- Health growth: 85 (1945 at level 18) ⇒ 90 (2030 at level 18)
- Armor: 23 (+3.5 per level), 82.5 at level 18 ⇒ 22 (+3 per level), 73 at level 18
- Charged magic damage ratio based on target’s max health: 3-15% (levels 1-18) ⇒ 1-10% (+0.5% levels 1-7, +1% levels 8-13)
Q - Burst Fire
- Total physical damage: 9/13/17/21/25 (+110% AD) ⇒ 10/15/20/25/30 (+ 110% AD)
E - Spark Surge
- Cooldown: 23/22/21/20/19 seconds ⇒ 23 seconds at all ranks
- Pierce damage: 80/85/90/95/100% ⇒ 60/70/80/90/100%
R - Lightning Crash
- Stack per champion hit by initial Lightning Crash: 3 ⇒ 4
- Bonus move speed per stack: 2% ⇒ 1.5%
Locket of the Iron Solari
- Consecrate bonus armor and magic resist: 5 ⇒ 3
- Devotion shield amount: 230-385 (target’s levels 1-18) ⇒ 200-365 (target’s levels 1-18)
ADC nerfs will shake up the bottom lane meta
Throughout League of Legends Season 12, a number of marksmen have been at the forefront of the meta. At first, it was a two-headed race of Aphelios and Jinx to start the year but come Zeri's release, this has changed.
However, LoL 12.5b will take a look at these picks. In an effort to scale things back, some new nerfs are coming. For Jinx, it'll be the first time she gets a balance change this year while for Zeri, it'll be yet another buff.
This is supplemented by several buffs going towards the likes of Ashe, Draven, Lucian, and Varus who haven't been as favorable as the aforementioned three. Depending on what changes are made, this is sure to shake up the ADC meta in bot lane.
Master Yi to get some buffs after massive nerfs
After a standalone nerf followed by a hotfix, the Wuju Bladesman got hit hard, dropping his winrate to 29.6 percent in Diamond+ and 41.6 percent in Silver.
As a result, Riot has added him to the list of champions to buff in LoL 12.5b hoping to balance out his previous changes.