Coming soon to League of Legends is the game's next update, patch 12.18.
LoL 12.18 will be an official patch that will be played on for the 2022 League of Legends World Championship, which means players can expect Riot Games to keep things mostly calm in terms of widescale balance changes.
With that, here's everything you need to know about LoL 12.18.
LATEST - Riot reveals official patch notes
Riot Games has revealed the official LoL 12.18 patch notes.
The update which will be used for Worlds 2022 contains minimal changes that look to avoid any drastic measures for the tournament.
For more information on LoL 12.18, including the official patch notes scroll below.
LoL 12.18 Release Date
Adhering to the League of Legends patch schedule, LoL 12.18 is set to release on Wednesday, September 21, 2022.
Once the patch is live, players will be able to enjoy numerous new skins, as well as plenty of buffs, nerfs, and overall changes from its patch notes.
Build Your Collection: Shop League of Legends Collectables at Sideshow
LoL 12.18 Patch Notes
League of Legends' next update is set to make some final additives and changes in what will be the official 2022 LoL World Championship patch.
This update will buff Lee Sin, easing him back into the meta, nerf recently changed Maokai, Hecarim, and Miss Fortune, and give Udyr some post-rework adjustments, as well as take a look at other champions.
Thanks to Riot Phroxzon, we have the initial patch notes for the LoL 12.18 update.
Maokai, Hecarim, and Udyr receive extra adjustments
Thanks to his LoL 12.17 update, Maokai's play rate has seen an increase to up to 42.3% in the top lane. Although initially great, the changes didn't quite fully hit the mark as Riot looked to make the Twisted Treant viable in the Jungle alongside the Top Lane. This is what the devs are tackling in LoL 12.18
Hecarim on the other hand, is getting some solid nerfs mainly to his Q (Rampage) and W (Spirit of Dread) abilities.
Lastly, the recently reworked Spirit Walker, is getting tinkered into adopting a more bruiser type build with reduced tankiness as opposed to the AP build that has been running around.
A total of 11 champions will be buffed, nerfed, or changed in patch 12.18.
Q - Ranger’s Focus
- Bonus Attack Speed: 20/25/30/35/40% ⇒ 25/32.5/40/47.5/55%
- Health Growth: 99 ⇒ 105
W - Safeguard / Iron Will
- Lifesteal and Spellvamp: 5/9.5/14/18.5/23% ⇒ 5/10.5/16/21.5/27%
W - Wither
- Attack Speed Slow: 50% of move speed slow ⇒ 75% of move speed slow
R - Fury of the Sands
- Cooldown: 120 seconds ⇒ 110/100/90 seconds
- Health Growth: 115 ⇒ 120
E - Flay
- Magic Damage: 65/95/125/155/185 (+40% AP) ⇒ 75/110/145/180/215 (+40% AP)
- Base Health: 650 ⇒ 625
Q - Rampage
- Physical Damage Bonus AD Ratio: 95% ⇒ 90%
- Increased Damage Per Stack: 4% (+6% per 100 bonus AD) ⇒ 4% (+5% per 100 bonus AD)
W - Spirit of Dread
- Percent of Post-Mitigation Damage Healed: 30% (+2.5% per 100 bonus AD) ⇒ 25% (+2% per 100 bonus AD) (Note: remains halved for damage not dealt by Hecarim)
- Health: 604 ⇒ 574
Q - Reaping Slash
- Darkin Damage: 65% AD (+5% of the target's max health (+5% per 100% bonus AD)) ⇒ 65% AD (+5% of the target's max health (+3.5% per 100% bonus AD))
W - Whimsey
- Movement Speed: 30% ⇒ 25%
- Polymorph Duration: 1.25/1.5/1.75/2/2.25 seconds ⇒ 1.2/1.4/1.6/1.8/2 seconds
- Cooldown: 17/16/15/14/13 seconds ⇒ 17/16.5/16/15.5/15 seconds
Passive - Sap Magic
- Heal: 4.8-14% (based on level) >>> 4.5 -12% (based on level)
Q - Bramble Smash
- Bonus Monster Damage: 40/60/80/100/120 ⇒ 80/100/120/140/160
E - Sapling Toss
- Damage: 55/80/105/130/155 (+ 6% bonus health) (+ 42.5% AP) ⇒ 55/80/105/130/155 (+ 6% bonus health)(+ 40% AP)
- Empowered Damage: 110/160/210/260/310 (+ 12% bonus health) (+ 85% AP) ⇒ 110/160/210/260/310 (+ 12% bonus health)(+ 80% AP)
- Attack Damage Growth: 2.7 ⇒ 2.4
- Health Growth: 107 ⇒ 103
- Attack Damage Growth: 3.1 ⇒ 2.6
- Health Growth: 106 ⇒ 98
- Armor Growth: 5.2 ⇒ 4.7
Q - Wilding Claw
- Mana Cost: 45-28 (based on level) ⇒ 20
- Empowered Lightning Strike AP Ratio: +0.6% per 100 AP ⇒ +0.8% per 100 AP
- [NEW] BIT OF A REACH: Udyr’s first two attacks gain 50 attack range, matching the functionality of his Awakened Q
- [NEW] SHOCKER: Awakened Q now deals an additional 2-5% (based on level) (+0.03% bonus AD) max health physical damage on first two attacks
W - Iron Mantle
- Percent HP Heal: 1.2/1.26/1.32/1.38/1.44/1.5% ⇒ 1.2%
- Percent HP Shield: 2/2.4/2.8/3.2/3.6/4.0% ⇒ 2/2.3/2.6/2.8/3.2/3.5%
- Life Steal: 15% ⇒ 15/16/17/18/19/20%
R - Wingborne Storm
- Magic Damage: 20/38/56/74/92/110 (+40% AP) ⇒ 20/36/52/68/84/100 (+35% AP)
- Damage to Minions: 50/60/70/80% (levels 1/6/11/16) ⇒ 40/55/70/85% (levels 1/6/11/16)
- [NEW] PICK ME: Selecting a priority role will protect you from being autofilled <em>only</em>in your upcoming game
- [REMOVED] SUPPORT SUPREMACY: Guaranteed autofill protection when queuing as support or queuing as fill has been removed
- [UNCHANGED] RECURRING PROTECTION: Players will still receive autofill protection for 2 games after having played a game while autofilled
- Prestige Battle Academia Leona
- Prestige PsyOps Ezreal
- Hextech Poppy
- Soulstealer Vayne
- Ashen Slayer Sylas
- Mythic Chroma Ashen Slayer Sylas (Emberwoken)
Leaving the Mythic Shop
- Prestige Battle Academia Lux
- Prestige PROJECT Zed
- Hextech Ziggs
- Dreadnova Darius
- Ashen Knight Pantheon
- Mythic Chroma Battle Academia Ezreal
LoL 12.18 Skins
As always with a new patch, new skins get added to the game for players to enjoy. For LoL 12.18 there are plenty of these new skins, a whopping eight in total.
The new update will bring the rework of the Goth line, now Fright Night, introduce a third member to the Ashen Knight Mythic Essence series, and commemorate the 2022 World Championship with a 2022 Worlds skin.
Fright Night Skins 2022
Perfectly in time to celebrate the harrowing Halloween season, one of League of Legends' older skin lines, Goth, has been reworked following a player vote.
Now known as Fright Now, this unique skin line will house champions such as Annie, Draven, Nautilus, Trundle, Renata Glasc, and Urgot.
All of these skins are expected to be priced at 1350 RP each.
Here are their splash arts.
Fright Night Annie
Fright Night Draven
Fright Night Nautilus and Fright Night Renata Glasc
Fright Night Trundle
Fright Night Urgot
Ashen Slayer Sylas Skin 2022
Coming in as the third member of the Ashen Night skin line, Sylas is donning a darker theme to his look. This skin is the perfect fit for the revolutionist who prides himself in fighting against Demacia.
Ashen Slayer Sylas is expected to be priced at 100 ME similar to Pantheon and Pyke's skins.
Worlds 2022 Azir Skin
Commemorating this year's World Championship will be none other than Azir.
This champion who's dominated the League meta for years will be clad in mechanized armor, topped off with a robot-like voice. The Emperor of the Sands is kitted from head to toe in mechanical wear, in addition to ribbons stemming from his body, perfect for a ruler.
Worlds 2022 Azir is expected to be priced at 1350 RP although not confirmed.
For more information, including animations, on all of these skins visit here.