Halo Infinite remains one of the best free-to-play games out there right now, with a fantastic futuristic spin on combat. Season 2 has now been with us for a while, so fans are anxious for a new update to breathe some life back into the game.
Season 3 has now been confirmed, and after a delay we finally have an official release date and more. Here's everything you need to know about when the new season drops and how you can play it.
Shop Now: Get The LATEST Gaming Accessories at Razer.com
Halo Infinite Season 3 Release Date
While Season 3 was originally supposed to release towards the end of 2022, it has seen a number of delays. Since Forge and the Co-op campaign are now leaving though, we don't expect future seasons to suffer the same issues.
Halo Infinite Season 3 will release for all platforms on March 7th, 2023, unless of course it's delayed again. We do expect that 343 will stick to the date this time, however, given the long delay the new season has already faced.
The current roadmap states that Season 3 will run until the 27th of June, when Season 4 will the release. This would mark a much quicker turnaround, but the roadmap is certainly subject to change so watch this space for confirmation.
Season 3 Leaks and Battle Pass
A brand new Battle Pass is arriving with Halo Infinite Season 3, including a ton of new content you'll be able to earn if you put the grind in. There's more though, as we have lots more confirmed information on what's coming.
This includes three new maps:
- Oasis (BTB Map) – The next BTB map is going to be the biggest 343 has ever created. It will be set in a UNSC research site on a desert cliff. The idea is made with vehicles in mind, meaning that vehicles will be the front and center. However, infantry will have some routes to not always get killed by them.
- Cliffhanger (Arena Map) – The next Halo Infinite arena map is an ONI black site that is built into an ice-bound mountaintop, making it the first official snow map. In terms of gameplay, the map is asymmetrical, so you need to know the map well to win.
- Plaza Remake – Halo Infinite will feature a remake of the famous Plaza map from Halo 5: Guardian. The final name of the map is yet to be disclosed. The map is said to be great for free-for-all and other team modes as well. This is all the information we currently have on this.
Also returning are two fan-favourite game modes from previous Halo titles:
- VIP – In Halo Infinite VIP, one team has a VIP who needs to stay alive. So one team needs to defend the VIP, and the other needs to kill them. Once the VIP has been killed, the other team will have the VIP, and so on.
- Escalation – Think of this as Gun Game, but in Halo. Every time a person gets a kill, they get a point and a brand-new weapon. Once the maximum point is reached, the team wins.
Don't miss your chance to get your eye in on Halo Infinite before the new season drops very soon!