Genshin Impact's Windtrace event has begun, bringing the first taste of PVP to the game!
Windtrace brings some hide and seek style gameplay for big rewards, including Primogems.
Without a major event, like the Windblume Festival or the Lantern Rite, Genshin Impact 1.5 has to rely on smaller events to keep players coming back for more - and Windtrace is the perfect one to bring players back with some exciting co-op gameplay.
Here's what you need to know about the Genshin Impact Windtrace event.
Latest - Video Submissions Open
The Genshin Impact Windtrace event has plenty of potential for awesome moments, and miHoYo is giving players the chance to share their best.
This comes in the form of a video submission event where players can send in great clips for some awesome rewards during the Windtrace event.
These rewards include the following:
- Capture Bundle (Primogems ×300, Character Portrait Phone Stand (Random) ×1, Traveler Series Character Acrylic Stand (Random) ×1) ×20
- Disguise Bundle (Primogems ×100, Traveler Character Acrylic Stand (Random) ×1) ×30
Genshin Impact's Windtrace event will run from May 14, 2021, until May 24, 2021, and will require players to be AR 20 or above and to talk to Gygax in Mondstadt to initiate.
How it Works
Windtrace is a hide-and-seek event with one player playing a Hunter seeking out several Rebel players.
The Hunter will have use of their Elemental Vision to looks for traces of the Rebels in order to help them find everyone.
Their Normal Attack, Elemental Skill, and Elemental Burst are also replaced with Mysterious Hunch, Capture!, and Insight
Rebels can disguise themselves to blend into their surroundings, using things like barrels and crates.
The game is timed, and players matching with random players can earn Windtrace Coins to use in the Event Shop, similar to other events in Genshin Impact.
Note: Players can play Windtrace with custom parties, but cannot earn Windtrace Coins in this way.
There are five different stages Genshin Impact players can play Windtrace, though all Statues of the Seven need to be unlocked in order for players to have access to all five.
- Small Town Guerilla War - Springvale
- Ice-Sealed Maze - Dragonspine
- Drifters in the Terrace Depths - Qingce Village
- Ghost-Fire Stream - Wuwang Hill
- Winery Confrontation - Dawn Winery
Like many other events in Genshin Impact, Windtrace will have its own currency, Windtrace Coins.
Each day players can earn a certain limit of these coins to spend for rewards in the Windtrace Event Shop.
- Day 1 - 1200 Windtrace Coins
- Day 2 - 1800 Windtrace Coins
- Day 3 - 2400 Windtrace Coins
- Day 4 - 3000 Windtrace Coins
- Day 5 - 3600 Windtrace Coins
- Day 6 - 4200 Windtrace Coins
- Day 7+ - 4800 Windtrace Coins
Once players reach 4800 Windtrace Coins they cannot earn anymore.
Windtrace Item Rewards
The Event Shop for Windtrace will include Primogems, More, Hero's Wit, and Mystic Enchantment Ores.
A new Namecard, "Celebration: Peekaboo!", will also be available featuring cute cats.
READ MORE: Everything we know about Genshin Impact 1.6