Rifthounds are elite enemies introduced in Genshin Impact 2.2 along with Tsurumi Island. These flying Wolves can inflict Corrosion, a debuff that depletes the HP of entire teams during battle.
Since their release, they have played a central role in the game, which is not changing anytime soon. The following guide pinpoints the Rifthounds locations and how to use them in Genshin Impact 2.3.
Rifthounds Farming Guide
Ready to Challenge the Rifthounds? Here's what you need to know.
What is Rifthound?
Created by Gold, Albedo's Master, Rifthounds are monsters from the Abyss that, not long ago, were found in considerable numbers throughout Teyvat.
Nowadays, Rifthounds are on the edge of extinction due to hunting and the decimation during the cataclysm. Currently, they exist exclusively on Tsurumi Island.
There are four types so far corresponding to the element and the maturity:
- Thundercraven Rifthounds - They harness the Electro element.
- Thundercraven Rifthounds Whelp - The younger version of the Electro Rifthounds.
- Rockfond Rifthounds - The adult version of the Geo Rifthounds
- Rockfond Rifthounds Whelp - They harness the Geo Element.
- All four types grant the same kind of ascension materials.
They are usually seen in pairs, consisting of two whelps or a pack of three with an Adult Rifthound and two Whelps.
- Their Attacks inflict Corrosion. However, this status can be mitigated by a Healer Character.
- Corrosion ignores shield.
- They are weak against attacks of the same element they harness.
- However, this makes them fight significantly fiercer
- Rifthounds can be frozen or taken by Anemo Waves.
- If the attack provokes displacement, the Whelps can be staggered.
Rifthounds Main Locations
Rifthounds can be found exclusively on Tsurumi Island in Inazuma. These are the recommended locations to hunt them:
- Near Moshiri Monumental Site and Wakukau Shoal - 2 packs
- Golden Wolflord Island - 3 Packs
- Autake Plains - 5 Packs
- Shirikoro Peaks - 2 Pack
The image below shows the exact location of Rifthounds in Genshin Impact.
There are 13 packs of Rifthounds in the Wild, and they respawn every 24 hrs.
Concealed Pieces are the items dropped by the Rifthounds, the quality and the quantity are based on their level and depend on RNG:
|Concealed Claw||Any Level|
|Concealed Unguis||Level 40+|
|Concealed Talon||Level 60+|
The Golden Wolflord
The Golden Wolflord is a World Boss in Genshin Impact, located in the south peninsula of Tsurumi Island.
The Wolflord is a Gigantic Rifthound, that can inflict corrosion and have a vast arsenal of attacks, including summoning Rifthounds that works as a shield.
Once is defeated the Wolflord drops the World Item Riftborn Regalia, ascension material for Arataki Itto.
What to Use Rifthound Items on
Concealed Pieces are pretty recent. However, they are already part of the Ascencion Materials of current and future Weapons.
- Redhorn Stonethresher 5-star Claymore - The signature weapon of Arataki Itto
- Polar Star 5-star Bow - The Signature weapon of Childe Tartaglia
- Akuoumaru 4-star Claymore - Currently the best 4-star Claymore.
- Wavebreaker's Fin 4-Star Polearm - Very relevant considering we are receiving two new Polearm users in Genshin Impact 2.4