Genshin Impact has a built-in pity mechanic when using the game's Wish system. After a specific time, players can get the character they want.
We are not going to lie, you still need to roll wishes for a reasonable amount of time, but there is a moment when you have a 100% chance to get Yae Miko or any other character you are betting on.
Guaranteeing Your Chances
The pity system in Genshin Impact activates two times:
For every 10 wishes
- When you do a 10 pull, it guarantees you get at least one 4 star weapon or character.
- The pity system still applies for single pulls once you get a 4 star, the pity countdown restarts.
For every 90 wishes
Well, if you are in this article to know how to get your favorite 5-star character, this is the pity system you are interested in.
- Even the most unlucky person is guaranteed to get a 5-star character before 90 wishes.
- 90 wishes sound a lot but remember that is the worst-case scenario.
- Genshin Impact actually features a "soft pity" system that starts after 75 wishes.
- As you can see in the chart, the wishes between 76th to 80th give you the best chances to get the 5-star character.
- The recommendation is to start pulling individual wishes once you reach 74th.
Note: after receiving a 5-star character, the count of the pity system reset.
I know what you're thinking. How do I know how many wishes I have made? No problem, miHoYo keeps track of all your wishes. Players can check the record by hitting the History button in the banner section.
The 50/50 lottery
There is a catch; the pity system guarantees a 5-star character. However, it's not necessarily the character featured in the banner.
Let's use the upcoming banner, Everbloom Violet, that features Yae Miko as an example.
- The pity system gives the certainty of getting a 5-star character after 89 wishes, but only a 50% chance to get Miko.
- Let's suppose your pity wish is 77th. Then the system will flip a coin to decide if you get Yae Miko or another 5-star character.
Heartbreaking, isn't it? Not really. There is hope.
100% drop rate
We are continuing with Yae Miko's banner example.
- The 50/50 happens only once every two pity wishes. So then, the system changes the probabilities to get the feature character.
- The first pity 5-star in any banner is a coin flip, 50/50 chances. But the next pity wish is 100% guaranteed, Yae Miko.
- How to make sure you get Yae Miko? have enough Prymogens to pull two 5-star characters or weapons.
- If you got a 5-star character that was not featured, stop wishing. There are cases you get characters 20-30 into t a new pity system.
Essential things to keep in mind.
- Wishes from one Banner to another, carry on. For example, if you wish:
- 30 times in Itto's banner in Ver. 2.3
- 30 times in Ganyu's banner in Ver. 2.4
- The pity will trigger less than 29 wishes in Yae Miko's banner.
- 50/50 rules also carry on among banners. So, for example, if you pulled for Ganyu, but you get Qiqi instead; that means your next pull in Miko's banner is a 100% chance to get her.
- Sadly, if you were lucky enough to get Ganyu in the current banner, then the 50/50 rule resets, and you will have to flip a coin to get Yae Miko.
- Every type of banner has its pity system. For example, wishes for weapon banner or permanent banner don't add up to the 89 wishes you need for a character event pity wish. The same goes for the 50/50 rule.
- In the case of double reruns, they share the same pity.