Hoyoverse continues to expand the horizons of Genshin Impact this year, first with the upcoming Genshin Impact anime from the creators of Demon Slayer, and now to a new permanent card game mode (TCG), Genius Invokation.
In Genius Invokation, Travelers will battle AI and other players with collectible cards to be the best.
Here is everything we know about the Genshin Impact Genius Invokation card game so far, including its release date, cards, reactions, and general gameplay.
Genshin Impact Card Game Release Date
According to the developers, the Genshin Impact card game Genius Invokation will go live during the Genshin Impact 3.3 update on December 7th.
This means we expect to learn more about the game in the upcoming Genshin Impact 3.3 Livestream.
Genius Invokation Origins
In Genshin Impact, Genius Invokation is a trading card game (TCG). According to the lore, the game is played in the Sumeru Region, and researchers from the Akademiya invented the cards.
Liben, the merchant, was commissioned to bring the game to the Yae Publishing House in Inazuma. Since then, the game has become very popular in Teyvat.
All Genius Invokation Cards in Genshin Impact
Here are all of the cards currently revealed from the Genshin Impact card game.
The Genshin Impact card game will have 25 characters initially, but there are other types of cards that complete the collection:
- “Plenilune Gaze” Ganyu
- “Kätzlein Cocktail” Diona
- “Frostwind Swordsman” Kaeya
- “Frozen Ardor” Chongyun
- “Frostflake Heron” Kamisato Ayaka
- “Shining Idol” Barbara
- “Juvenile Galant” Xingqiu
- “Astral Reflection” Mona
- “Dark Side of Dawn” Diluc
- “Exquisite Delicacy” Xiangling
- “Trial by Fire” Bennett
- “Frolicking Flames” Yoimiya
- “Fischl, Prinzessin der Verurteilung!” Fischl
- “Wolf Boy” Razor
- “Driving Thunder” Keqing
- “Judicator of Secrets” Cyno
- “Harmless Sweetie” Sucrose
- “Dandelion Knight” Jean
- “Eclipsing Star” Ningguang
- “Chivalric Blossom” Noelle
- “Sprout of Rebirth” Collei
- “Lady of Clear Waters” Rhodeia
- “Snezhnayan Maiden” Mirror Envoy
- “Blade of Settlement” Agent
- “Ingenious Machine” Maguu Kenki
- “Vale-Crosser” Stonehide Lawachurl
- “Lord of Fungi” Jadeplume Terrorshroom
Character Talent cards will provide a special buff to character cards. The player can not include the cards if they don't have the character related in the deck.
- Ganyu: Undivided Heart
- Diona: Shaken, Not Purred
- Kaeya: Cold-Blooded Strike
- Chongyun: Steady Breathing
- Kamisato Ayaka: Kanten Senmyo Blessing
- Barbara: Glorious Season
- Xingqiu: The Scent Remained
- Mona: Prophecy of Submersion
- Diluc: Flowing Flame
- Xiangling: Crossfire
- Bennett: Grand Expectation
- Yoimiya: Naganohara Meteor Swarm
- Fischl: Stellar Predator
- Razor: Awakening
- Keqing: Thundering Penance
- Cyno: Featherfall Judgment
- Sucrose: Chaotic Entropy
- Jean: Lands of Dandelion
- Ningguang: Strategic Reserve
- Noelle: I Got Your Back
- Collei: Floral Sidewinder
- The Mirror's Secret
- Stealthy Extraction
- Marionette Swordmaster
- Forged From Rock
- Spore Dust Cloud
Artifact cards will buff other cards or give extra effects during turns, but there are only 20 cards of this type in Genius Invokation so far.
- Trail-Tramper: Adventurer’s Bandana
- Unworried Crown: Lucky Dog’s Silver Circlet
- A Pot Hanging in the Forest: Traveling Doctor’s Handkerchief
- Wager: Gambler’s Earrings
- Pre-Prepared: Instructor’s Cap
- Noble Descent: Exile’s Circlet
- Icy Song, Distant Realm: Broken Rime’s Echo
- Wintry Wandering: Blizzard Strayer
- Sunken Dreams of Yore: Wine-Stained Tricorne
- Sailboat Candide: Heart of Depth
- Ashen Lament: Witch’s Scorching Hat
- Blazing Dissipation: Crimson Witch of Flames
- Lightning and Rain: Thunder Summoner’s Crown
- Plume of the Stormy Skies: Thundering Fury
- Verdant Winds: Viridescent Venerer’s Diadem
- Dream of Broken Leaves: Viridescent Venerer
- Jagged Stone: Mask of Solitude Basalt
- Bedrock Brought Forth: Archaic Petra
- Raincaller’s Emblem: Laurel Coronet
- Knowledge of the Vine: Deepwood Memories
Food cards will provide healing and increase card stats, just like food in combat.
- Jueyun Guoba
- Adeptus’ Temptation
- Lotus Flower Crisp
- Northern Smoked Chicken
- Sweet Madame
- Mondstadt Hash Brown
- Mushroom Pizza
- Minty Meat Rolls
Weapon cards will feature in-game weapons of all types, including swords, catalysts, polearms, etc.
Characters can equip weapon cards that will have an effect during the attack phase.
- Bane of Storm and Tide: Magic Guide
- Composed: Sacrificial Fragments
- Cloud Atlas: Skyward Atlas
- Bane of Flame and Water: Raven Bow
- Composed: Sacrificial Bow
- Echoing Ballad: Skyward Harp
- Mourning Silver Snow: White Iron Greatsword
- Composed: Sacrificial Greatsword
- Mountain Trail: Wolf’s Gravestone
- Ardent Argent: White Tassel
- Evil Shall Never Prevail: Lithic Spear
- Carving Black Wings: Skyward Spine
- Traveler’s Companion: Traveler’s Handy Sword
- Composed: Sacrificial Sword
- Let the Wind Lead: Aquila Favonia
NPC and Support Cards
Some of the most prominent NPCs in Genshin Impact will be part of Genius Invokation, like Piamon, Katheryne, and even Timmy and his Pigeons.
This category of cards will also include landmarks, like Liyue Harbor, Jade Chamber, or the Dawn Winery.
- Where All Ships Dock
- Athenaeum of the North
- Manor of Daybreak
- Dihua Vantage Point
- Gathering of the Devout
- Paimon, the Best Guide
- Katheryne, Guild Receptionist
- Timaeus, Scholar of Alchemy
- Wagner, Blacksmith
- Chef Mao, Ingenious Gourmet
- Rain Calmer, Tubby
- Pure Patience, Timmie
- Marvelous Merchandise, Liben
- Chang the Ninth, Listless Literati
- Knightly Dream, Ellin
- Where We Last Left Off, Iron Tongue Tian
- Perpetual Rotation: Parametric Transformation
- Emergency Intake: Portable Dish
Elemental Resonance and Event Cards
These cards will have effects based on the number of characters of the same element or will affect cards on the board
- Elemental Resonance: Woven Ice
- Elemental Resonance: Shattering Ice
- Elemental Resonance: Woven Waters\
- Elemental Resonance: Soothing Water
- Elemental Resonance: Woven Waters
- Elemental Resonance: Fervent Flames
- Elemental Resonance: Woven Thunder
- Elemental Resonance: High Voltage
- Elemental Resonance: Woven Winds
- Elemental Resonance: Impetuous Winds
- Elemental Resonance: Woven Stone
- Elemental Resonance: Enduring Rock
- Elemental Resonance: Woven Weeds
- Elemental Resonance: Sprawling Greenery
- The Bestest Travel Companion
- Changing Shifts
- I Haven’t Lost Yet!
- Leave It To Me!
- When the Crane Returned
- Destined Path
- Alchemical Experiment
- Master of Weaponry
- Blessing of the Divine Relic’s Installation
- Patched-Up Bunny
- Send Off
- Evil Is Banished
- Abyssal Summons
How to Get Genius Invokation Cards in Genshin Impact
Playing Genius Invokation is not only for fun. Battling NPCs will grant players new cards but also Primogems. Unfortunately, there are no rewards for PvP matches as it stands, though this may change in the future.
These are the rewards according to the data miner Genshin intel:
- Players will increase their level up to 10 by winning TCG matches.
- Each level will gran 60 Primogems for a total of 600 Primogems.
- Additional challenges will grant Primogems, but we don't have the exact information yet.
- Matches versus NPCs will give Action Cards (non-Character Cards) and a Genius Invokation currency.
- Playing against characters and bosses will award travelers with Character Cards and Action Cards.
In the shop, travelers can obtain Action Cards, cosmetics like animations for the Character Cards, card-back designs for decks, and coins to unlock character challenges.
Genshin Impact Card Game Gameplay & Elemental Reactions
Genshin Impact Genius Invokation will change the way players interact with the Map.
- In Genshin Impact 3.3, we will reportedly discover the interior of the Cat's Tail Tavern, as the Mondstadt Bar will be one of the locations where we will find different players each week.
- NPCs willing to battle will be marked on the Map while we walk near them.
Genius Invokation Gameplay
- Matches start with both sides drawing five cards. Then switch out any number of the cards in your hand and choose one character as your active card.
- Players will use Action Cards to boost and protect their character cards.
- During each turn, players will roll a Dice to decide the player's energy to cast cards.
- Each character card has 10 HP. The game is over when the three-character cards of the opponent are defeated.
The game will also include elemental reactions based on the character cards on the board.
Genius Invokation Reactions
There are 11 reactions across the Genius Invokation character cards, similar to the ones in Genshin Impact's combat.
- Hydro + Pyro
- Cryo + Pyro
- Pyro + Electro
- Electro + Cryo
- Electro Charged
- Hydro + Electro
- Hydro + Cryo
- Geo + Cryo, Pyro, Hydro, Electro
- Anemo + Cryo, Pyro, Hydro, Electro
- Dendro + Pyro
- Dendro + Electro
- Dendro + Hydro
The effects and how to obtain reactions will be explained in future articles as details continue to be revealed. Stay tuned as we update you with all the latest info on the Genshin Impact card game and its developments!