Modern Warfare 2 is finally here, and players around the world are getting ready to drop into the action. There's a ton of new ways to flex on your opponents, but the best is the tired and tested old favourite - Killstreaks.
Killstreaks, or scorestreaks, are earned from acquiring a certain number of kills, or points, without dying. We now have all killstreaks confirmed for the upcoming Call of Duty title, including the return of the best killstreak ever introduced. Here's everything you need to know.
Modern Warfare 2 Nuke Revealed
It's been some time since we've seen a nuke in Call of Duty, but now the very best players will once again get the chance to call it in. As revealed by Ali-A on Twitter:
Getting 30 kills without dying in a single game will earn you the 'MGB' killstreak, which will call in a nuke to end the game and pick up an instant win for your team.
This is no easy task though, as in an already fast-paced Modern Warfare 2 game, staying alive will be trickier than ever. You also have to contend the with clock, as getting 30 kills total before the time runs out can be an impressive feat.
Modern Warfare 2 All Killstreaks List
There are a ton of other Killstreaks to earn in Modern Warfare 2 if t your sights aren't set quite a high as a nuke. They range from a nice little boost all the way up to a complete takeover. Here's all the killstreaks announced:
- UAV: (4 Kills, 500 Score)
- Bomb Drone: (4 Kills, 500 Score)
- Counter UAV: (5 Kills, 625 Score)
- Cluster Mine: (5 Kills, 625 Score)
- Care Package: (5 Kills, 625 Score)
- Precision Airstrike: (6 Kills, 750 Score)
- Cruise Missile: (6 Kills, 750 Score)
- Mortar Strike: (6 Kills, 750 Score)
- Sentry Gun: (7 Kills, 875 Score)
- SAE: (7 Kills, 875 Score)
- VTOL Jet: (8 Kills, 1,000 Score)
- Overwatch Helo: (8 Kills, 1,000 Score)
- Wheelson-HS: (8 Kills, 1,000 Score)
- Stealth Bomber: (10 Kills, 1,250 Score)
- Chopper Gunner: (10 Kills, 1,250 Score)
- Emergency Airdrop: (10 Kills, 1,250 Score)
- Gunship: (12 Kills, 1,500 Score)
- Advanced UAV: (12 Kills, 1,500 Score)
- Juggernaut: (15 Kills, 1,875 Score)
The lowest available killstreak in Modern Warfare 2 will be the UAV at 4 kills, which is pretty standard, but one kill higher than the lowest in Modern Warfare 2019.
The advanced UAV returning is also great news for skilled players, who can truly use its intel to the best effect.