Modern Warfare 2 is finally here, after months of waiting and teasers. If you haven't been able to preload the game just yet, don't miss out! There's loads on offer, and the release time is fast approaching.
Mastery Camos are always a hot topic as a new Call of Duty approaches. The final mastery camo always sits as the pinnacle for serious players to grind towards. Here's everything you need to know about how to get your hands on them.
Modern Warfare 2 Mastery Camos
The Mastery Camos we'll be working towards in Modern Warfare 2 have finally been revealed, and they look great. The 4 in order are:
As usual, every camo will have to be unlocked on each weapon in turn in order to get the final Orion camo. These camos seem to have much better gun coverage than years past, and look fantastic as a result.
Modern Warfare 2 Camo Challenges
Activision has announced that the camo challenges this year will offer a much more streamlined experience than Modern Warfare 2019. Unlocking mastery will require less challenges and they will be simplified, to make the grind easier for casual players.
So far, here's what we know about the challenges:
- Complete the Base Camo challenges. Each Weapon has between one and four Base Camo challenges. Some examples include kills, double kills, triple kills, and kills without reloading.
- Unlock the Gold Mastery Camo. Once every base camo challenge is completed on a weapon, it unlocks the Gold Camo.
- Finish a specific number of Gold Camo challenges. Platinum Camo Challenges are tied to weapon categories and become available once a certain number of Gold Camo Challenges are completed within that category. For example, the M4 Gold Camo challenge requires 100 kills with the camo equipped.
- Finish a minimum of 51 Platinum Mastery challenges. Unlocking Platimum Camo on 51 weapons unlocks Polyatomic. The final mastery challenge is tied to weapon categories and requires a certain number of kills per class.
- Finish a minimum of 51 Polyatomic Camo challenges: Completing 51 Polyatomic challenges unlocks the Orion camo.
This also means that once you've unlocked gold camo on a weapon you won't be finished with it entirely, as you can use in the Gold mastery challenges.