The Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Beta is live for all players, and time is running our for you to get your hands on the brand new game. All new features including the third-person mode are now playable so don't miss out!
If you haven't managed to get your hands on the beta just yet, here's how to get your hands on a taster of the brand new Call of Duty title. We've included instructions for every platform, so scroll away to find yours.
How to download the MW2 beta
If you're on PlayStation, all you need to do is head over to the PlayStation Store, and search for the Beta. It should now be available for download, but if you're having trouble, always take a look at Activision Support.
For Xbox Users, once the early access drops on the 22nd of September, follow these steps to redeem your early access code:
- From the Home screen, select and open the Store app.
- Press the View button on the controller to open the side menu.
- From that menu, select Redeem.
- Enter the 25-character code ignoring hyphens, and then follow the prompts.
Remember this will only work if you've pre-ordered, or managed to get hold of a code. On the 24th, when the beta opens up to everybody, you'll be able to just head to the MW2 beta page in store and hit download.
For PC users, you can access it through Battle.net using these steps:
- Log in to your Battle.net account.
- In the Account Overview section, enter the code in the Redeem a Code box.
- Select Redeem Code.
Then when the beta opens up on the 24th, click the game version drop-down menu on the MW2 page, and select beta.
You can also access it via steam:
- Launch the Steam client software and log into your Steam account.
- Click the Games menu option at the top of the Steam client.
- Choose Activate a Product on Steam...
- Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the process.
And once again, if you don't want to pre-order you can simply navigate to the Modern Warfare 2 beta page in store on the 24th September.
Check out our full Beta guide here for all the information you could possibly need about the early access treat from Activision and Infinity Ward.