Rocket League Season 2 is now live!
Find out all the details below.
Season 2 officially began on Wednesday, 9 December.
The new season is all about music, with exclusive new tracks from Kaskade set to feature!
Check out the trailer for Season 2 below including brand-new music from Kaskade.
Get ready to turn up the volume as Season 2 looks set to be a big one.
There is a new playable arena available in Season 2 which you can see below.
The new arena ties in nicely with the musical theme, so we expect it to go off in here!
Season 2 Patch Notes
Check out the full Season 2 patch notes below.
Season 2 is live on all platforms
- Season 2 Rocket Pass, featuring the new R3MX car, has begun
- Season 2 does not require a game client update
The new ‘Neon Fields’ Arena can be found in Online Playlists, Private Matches, and Free Play
Player Anthems are now available as a new customization option under Profile
Season 1 Competitive Rewards have been distributed to all eligible accounts
Season 2 is live on all platforms
Season 2 Rocket Pass, featuring the new R3MX car, has begun
- R3MX uses the ‘Hybrid’ hitbox
Season 2 Tournaments are now available
- New Tournament Rewards and Titles have been added
Tournament player population cap has been significantly increased
- We will continue to add more capacity and additional support per region over time
Changes and Updates
- Previewing an item when a Tournament finishes will no longer hide a player’s Tournament Summary
- The Tournaments card no longer says “Joinable” after the player has signed up
- “Checking In...” message now has a clear time-out state
Stage 1 Challenges for Season 2 are now live
Players now need to complete 22 or more of 24 Challenges to earn the Season Challenge Reward
Season 2 Competitive has begun
3v3 Standard: This season’s soft reset will be less aggressive than Season 1
- Grand Champion and Supersonic Legend Ranks in 3v3 Standard will be slightly easier to reach
Rumble: Champion I and higher Ranks will be slightly tougher to reach
New Arena: Neon Fields
‘Neon Fields’ has been added to the Online Playlists rotation, and can also be used in Private Matches and Free Play
The new Arena interacts with Rocket League Radio, and Player Anthems for all players in a match
Player Anthems are a new customization option that let you play your favorite music from the Rocket League soundtrack at key moments during a match. Players Anthems play when you:
- Score a goal
- Make an Epic Save
- Earn MVP honors
To use a Player Anthem, go to Profile > Choose Player Anthem
Under Settings > Audio > Player Anthems, there are three choices:
- Always On: Plays during matches and in Free Play
- Matches Only: Only plays during matches
- Off: Turns off your anthem and anthems from other players
Player Anthem volume is controlled by ‘Music - Gameplay’ under Settings > Audio
Five Player Anthems are now available to all players from the Rocket League Soundtrack Vol. 1:
- ‘We Speak Chinese’ by Mike Ault and Abandoned Carnival
- ‘Love Thru The Night’ (feat. Morgan Perry) by Mike Ault
- ‘I Can Be’ (feat. Crysta) by Mike Ault
- ‘Flying Forever’ (feat. Morgan Perry) by Mike Ault
- ‘Angel Wings’ (feat. Avianna Acid) by Mike Ault
Season 1 Competitive Rewards
Season 1 Competitive has ended. Season Reward Items and Titles will be awarded for your highest Rank achieved during the season, and successful completion of the appropriate Season Reward Levels.
Season 1 Rewards are custom, non-tradeable, universal Decals
- Bronze I or higher: ‘S1 - Bronze’
- Silver I or higher: ‘S1 - Silver’
- Gold I or higher: ‘S1 - Gold’
- Platinum I or higher: ‘S1 - Platinum’
- Diamond I or higher: ‘S1 - Diamond’
- Champion I or higher: ‘S1 - Champion’
- Grand Champion I or higher: ‘S1 - Grand Champion’
- Supersonic Legend: ‘S1 - Supersonic Legend
Grand Champion Titles (in Crimson text)
- Competitive Grand Champion: "S1 GRAND CHAMPION"
- Rumble Grand Champion: "S1 RNG CHAMP
- Hoops Grand Champion: "S1 DUNK MASTER"
- Snow Day Grand Champion: "S1 BLIZZARD WIZARD"
- Dropshot Grand Champion: "S1 FLOOR DESTROYER"
Supersonic Legend Titles (in Titanium White text)
- Competitive: "S1 SUPERSONIC LEGEND"
- Rumble: "S1 RNGENIUS"
- Hoops: "S1 LEGENDARY BALLER"
- Snow Day: "S1 ICE TITAN"
- Dropshot: "S1 TILE ANNIHILATOR"
This is a breaking news story and is constantly being updated with new information as it becomes available.
Please refresh the page regularly to get the latest updates.
Reporters working on RealSport101 will be working to source the latest information, reaction, pictures and video related to this story. You can also follow us on Twitter @RealSport101 to get the latest news updates 24 hours a day.
Whilst you're here why not also subscribe to Gfinity Plus? Each month there are some EPIC giveaways.
What is Gfinity Plus?
Gfinity Plus is our exclusive membership system that brings plenty of benefits.
From the latest and greatest news of the week, community interactions, amazing and exclusive deals as well as monthly giveaways, there's something for everyone.
How to Sign Up to Gfinity Plus
- Head to gfinityesports.com and hit the 'Sign In' button in the top right of the page.
- Click 'Sign up to Gfinity Plus'
- Enter your username, email address, password, country of residence and DOB
- Agree to the terms & conditions and click 'Sign up for Gfinity Plus'
- Verify your email
That's it! You will automatically be entered into our giveaways.
RealSport101 is part of Gfinity Digital Media and owned by Gfinity plc.