Looking for the Patch Notes for the newest Rocket League update ahead of Season 3? We've got you covered with a full list of them below.
Season 3 Start Time & Date
The update that these Patch Notes refer to is out right now but Rocket League Season 3 hasn't started just yet.
We know it's due to kick off on April 7th, but what time are we expecting the new Competitive Season and Rocket Pass to appear?
Thankfully, it isn't too far away. Rocket League Season 3 is due to start at around 11:00 EST / 16:00 BST and any Season 2 Rewards should be available soon after that. This is when everything will go live, too.
Patch Notes Highlights
The addition of new Frame Rate Options for PC Rocket League players is one of the biggest changes that has been made to the game outside of the trading overhaul.
The new FPS Menu aims to have pre-established Frame Rate Options for players to choose from as well as an "uncapped" version if their hardware can handle it.
However, the Trade-Ins alterations are the stand-out feature in this set of Patch Notes. Trade-Ins now have their own tab on the Garage Menu and there are new eligibility requirements for how frequently you can trade.
Interestingly, there's also three new Monstercat Antenna that will offer you even more avenues of customisation going forwards.
Full Patch Notes
If you're still looking for a complete run-down of what's in the Rocket League Season 3 Patch Notes, we have the full list here.
- Trade-Ins are now managed in their own section in the Garage
- All Trade In-eligible items fall into three categories:
- Core Series Items
- Tournament Items
- The Trade-In menu displays how many eligible Trade-Ins you have, sorted by category and rarity
- Trade-Ins still operate the same way as before:
- 5 Uncommon = 1 Rare
- 5 Rare Items = 1 Very Rare
- 5 Very Rare = 1 Import
- 5 Imports = 1 Exotic
- 5 Exotics = 1 Black Market
- Tournament Items and (revealed) Blueprints can now be traded regardless of the series. The Tournament Item or Blueprint you receive from a Trade-In is directly tied to the series of the items you traded in.
- For example, if you trade in three Ignition Series Blueprints and two Ferocity Series Blueprints, you'll have a 60% chance to receive an Ignition Series Blueprint and a 40% chance to receive a Ferocity Series Blueprint.
Player Trading Eligibility
- Before trading with other accounts is activated, new accounts must:
- Reach XP Level 30
- Have 50 or more minutes in Online Matches
- Accounts with XP Levels 30-99:
- Can trade three times per day
- Limit of 2,000 Credits per trade
- Accounts with XP Levels 100-249:
- Can trade ten times per day
- Limit of 10,000 Credits per trade
- Accounts with XP Level 250 or greater:
- Unlimited trades per day
- Limit of 100,000 Credits per trade
[PC] New Frame Rate Options
- In the Video tab under Settings, the FPS slider on PC has been replaced with a ‘Frames Per Second’ dropdown menu
- This menu will give you a list of FPS options based on your GPU and display
- The ‘Uncapped’ option at the bottom of the list will ignore the framerate cap when Vertical Sync is disabled but may cause screen tearing for some players depending on the hardware configuration
- Settings will now sync to the EOS cloud and share across all linked accounts
- Nintendo Switch support for cloud syncs will come in a future update
- Each Playlist option under the Play Menu has a rad new image
- Added unlock countdown timer for Seasonal Challenge Stages
- Added link support to the in-game news panel
- ‘Fransis Derelle’
- ‘Monstercat Silk’
- The corrected appearance of Team Liquid Decals when High-Quality Shaders are enabled
- Fixed a bug causing the Music Playlist to appear off-screen when reducing the Interface Scale
- A player’s first trade will no longer hang for 20-30 seconds after enabling 2FA on your Epic Games Account
- Fixed a bug affecting the “Invite to party" option in Friends List if both players are playing through the Epic Games Store
- [Tournaments] Teams that have won two out of three matches should no longer see extra matches generated against the same opponent
- This bug fix is dependent on PsyNet updates related to tournament access and matches that are happening in the coming weeks
- Fixed a bug with the Season Free Challenges display counter
- Localization fixes for French, German, Japanese, and Polish