Rainbow Six Siege is one of the most popular tactical shooters in the world and this shows in all the interesting content. Year 6 Season 4 brought the game forward and Demon Veil seems like it will only add to that. Here's what you need to know about it.
LATEST - Releases Today
Demon Veil Finally launches today, after weeks of build up and tonnes of questions. Make sure to get the game updated and ready to go.
If anything changes, we will update you right here.
Rainbow Six: Siege Y7S1 Patch Notes
While we don't have a final set of patch notes just yet, the development team has revealed some of the changes coming in the Rainbow Six: Siege Y7S1 update via preseason designer's notes.
Check out some of the biggest changes from these patch notes below:
- All Attackers can change their Operator and loadout in addition to spawn location during the Preparation Phase
- Attacker Repick is available in all modes
- Sixth-Pick and Reveal Phase are removed from Custom Match settings options
- Defenders' cameras (from Valkyrie, Maestro, and Bulletproof Cams) and Defenders' drones (from Echo and Mozzie) placed outside disconnect 10 seconds after being placed
- Goyo rework
- Melusi nerf
- Kali buff
- Thunderbird buff
- Valkyrie & Zero buffs
Year 7 Season 1 (Y7S1) Start Date
The next big step in Rainbow Six: Siege, Y7S1, is set to start next week, most likely on Tuesday, March 15th.
The update gets its Demon Veil moniker from the game's newest addition, Azami, who has an awesome story trailer you can check out below:
Reddit leaks hint at new Operator
We know that Ubisoft like to release a new Operator with each seasonal update for Rainbow Six Siege and we don't think that Year 7 Season 1 is going to break that trend.
Interestingly, we already have some leaks to talk about when it comes to the new face. It looks like the new Operator is going to be called Azami - according to Benjaminstrike on Twitter.
In addition to this, a Reddit leak on r/Rainbow6 has shared a new look at the new Operator and confirmed some key details.
It looks like Azami is going to be a Defender with access to Kiba Throwing Knives as her unique gadget. A commenter on the Reddit post has stated that these will give her teammates "unlimited wallhacks" and an "ear-piercing 'detected' noise" when enemies are nearby. We don't know how true this is, but it's all very promising.
What about the Year 7 pass?
Benjaminstrike has also shared information about the upcoming Year 7 Pass which is set to include the following:
- All four Year 7 Operators with 14-Day early access;
- Four sets of Headgear and Uniforms;
- Access to all four Year 7 Battle Passes;
- 30% bonus on Battle Points earnings;
- Unlock the first 20 Tiers of each Battle Pass automatically;
This should be available until March 21st - if you're a Siege regular, it might be worth looking into.