Riot Games is due to update Valorant very soon. There's been plenty of updates in the past, and several important changes to the base formula over the last few months, but how is Valorant 2.11 going to shape up? Well... Here's what we know.
LATEST - Full 2.11 Patch Notes
Riot Games has finally shared the Valorant version 2.11 Patch Notes ahead of the update's release later today. They're small, but Riot Games assure fans that they're "not for nothing".
This patch should increase your framerate by 1%, amongst other things. Here's the rest of the changes listed below:
- Added a Leaderboard search bar to help you find players by name
- Replication is back as part of our modes rotation and will replace Escalation for now
- Improved Client framerate by 1% on average for medium to high spec machines by optimizing abilities, equipment, and weapons in your inventory
- Optimized Agent and Environment mesh clipping calculations
GAME SYSTEM UPDATES
- Fixed fonts for various regional languages to improve readability
- Updated ping wheel and radio wheel to ignore non-movement inputs while the wheel is displayed
- Fixed an animation issue with abnormal hand positions while equipping weapons
- Fixed an issue where Reyna couldn’t sell then rebuy Dismiss ability during Buy Phase
- Fixed a bug that was causing an infinite load symbol while viewing a friend’s career.
- Fixed several Leaderboard UI bugs.
- In the model viewer, a hitch is caused by the Sharpening setting interacting with MSAA
- If you encounter this, we advise that you toggle off the Sharpening setting until we can ship a fix.
You can find the post from Valorant's Comms Associate, Jeff Landa, here.
Expected Release Time
At the moment, it's worth taking everything we say about Valorant version 2.11 with a grain of salt. Riot Games has spoken about how they expect Valorant version 2.11 to be ready by June 8th, but they still haven't done much to fully confirm this.
That being said, it has been a little while since we saw the last title update and we can imagine Riot Games wouldn't share this information without some sort of semi-solid plans.
That being said, if we are getting an update on June 8th... When should we expect it?
Looking at previous updates, we should see the next Valorant title update to arrive around 08:00 PST / 11:00 EST / 16:00 BST. This is when Riot Games usually implements updates for Valorant and we can't imagine they'd change that for Valorant version 2.11.
Valorant's YR1 Event Pass
We know we're still waiting for version 2.11, but it looks like that's going to do more than just fix a few bugs. Valorant is celebrating Year One and there's a lot on offer.
One way it is doing this is through the YR1 Event Pass. We don't know exactly how this will play out, but we can imagine it's going to be something similar to Apex Legends' Event Rewards.
At the moment, all we do know is that the YR1 Event Pass is due to start on June 22nd and players will be able to unlock 7 tiers of free Rewards just for playing the game.
" Even though it’s technically our birthday, there’s another gift to you: the YR1 Event Pass—free for everyone.
" No prerequisites, no VP spend, just 7 levels of exclusive YR1 items like the Episode 3 Player Card, a Gun Buddy, and more. Just play VALORANT, earn XP, and unlock."
This is just one of the changes that should be introduced in Valorant version 2.11, if not version 2.12.
Valorant 2.11 Release Date
Over on Valorant's Twitter, they gave a date for the next patch but made sure to not set that in stone. In this, they said, "The next update will be Patch 2.11, around June 8."
The word "around" is used to make sure readers understand this is an estimate. We can't guarantee we will see it on the 8th, but it will likely arrive around then.
What Does This Mean?
First, as Yoru was recently disabled, due to technical issues, we might see a rework of their character going into the future to stop those mistakes from happening again. He was re-added on May 18, but people are still testing out what he can do.
Next, we should see some updates to the base game itself. The tweet mentioned that they are currently updating the engine. While this won't have any huge repercussions, we could see small changes in the meta, especially as Yoru finds himself being played a little more.
Essentially, like any update, this should provide some fixes to issues alongside a few minor changes.