It is time to relive Jin Sakai's epic adventure with stunning 4K visuals, 60FPS, and a whole lot more. Ghost of Tsushima is coming to PS5 via a Director's Cut, but there's a price. Here's the latest on how much the upgrade is going to set you back and what's included.
How Much Will It Cost?
If you're thinking of upgrading your Ghost of Tsushima when it comes out on PS5, or if you want to purchase the Director's Cut content for your PS4 version of the title, there are a few things you need to know.
Firstly, it isn't going to be free. Secondly, there are a few different routes you can take depending on what you're after. To save everyone trouble, we're going to list the several different ways you can upgrade your version of Ghost of Tsushima below:
- From Base PS4 Version to Director's Cut PS4
- You can pre-order the upgrade for $19.99 USD (or equivalent) ahead of August 20th as an Expansion to Ghost of Tsushima.
- From Base PS4 Version to Base PS5 Version
- This is not available. You can only upgrade with the Director's Cut version of Ghost of Tsushima on PS4.
- From Director's Cut PS4 to Director's Cut PS5
- You will be able to purchase this at any time from August 20th for $9.99 (or equivalent) from the PlayStation Store.
- From Base PS4 Version to Director's Cut PS5
- Starting from August 20th, this will be available as a single purchase for $29.99 (or equivalent).
If you can't figure it out on the PS Store yet, don't worry. PlayStation has confirmed that they will be adding additional details about upgrades closer to the release date.
The Price Of The Director's Cut Is Justified
You might think $30 is a lot considering there are a lot of games out there offering next-gen upgrades for free, but the price is justified.
The Director's Cut comes with quite a few extras on top of the standard next-gen improvements. Mainly, the Iki Island Expansion is only available with a Director's Cut version of the game.
This adds a new Island to the game which has its' own storylines, enemies, environments, and adventure. It will be available alongside the main Ghost of Tsushima story in a similar fashion to how Frozen Wilds was added to Horizon: Zero Dawn.
In addition to this, players get access to the following:
- Director's Commentary
- The creative team sits down with a renowned Japanese historian to look at the world of Ghost of Tsushima and how it compares to the real-life events that inspired it.
- Hero of Tsushima Skin Set
- Golden Mask, Sword Kit, Horse Saddle, & Armour
- In-Game Items
- 1x Technique Point, Charm of Hachiman's Favor
- Digital Mini Art Book
- From Dark Horse
3D Audio, Haptic Feedback, Adaptive Triggers, and Japanese Lip Sync is also all available with the PS5 version of Ghost of Tsushima Director's Cut.
Featured Image Credit: Press Start