Genshin Impact 2.4's first re-run is Xiao, and the last time he was featured in the gacha system was ten months ago. Despite being released a long time ago, Xiao is very viable as a main DPS in the current meta, and his return is not one to miss!
Besides his high DMG potential, Xiao has a very unique playstyle that will bring a lot of fun in combats and world exploration. Here's our Xiao build guide for Genshin Impact 2.4 covering his best weapons, artifacts, and team compositions to get the most out of this dangerous DPS.
Invitation to Mundane Life, the second banner in Genshin Impact 2.4, will arrive on January 5th.
- Invitation to Mundane Life features Xiao, a 5-start Anemo Polearm character, and the chances to obtain the new 4-star character:
- Yun Jin - 4 star Geo Polearm User.
Who is Xiao?
Xiao is an Adeptus tasked by the Geo Archon to eradicate the demons that remained from the times of the Archon War.
- Xiao is a 5-star Anemo Polearm User, one of the most potent main DPS in the game.
- The only natural main DPS from the Anemo Element.
- The Adeptus has a unique playstyle based on High Mobility and his Elemental Burst.
- Xiao's Elemental Burst allows him to strike from the air and come crashing down on foes.
- Elemental Burst ends when switching to another character.
- He generates very few energy particles and loses HP to boost his DMG.
- There are no dedicated artifacts set or good Craftable Weapon for Xiao.
|5-Star||Primordial Jade Winged-Spear||Crit. Rate||On hit, increases ATK by 6.0% for 6s. Max 7 stacks. This effect can only occur once every 0.3s. While in possession of the maximum possible stacks, DMG dealt is increased by 24%.|
|5-Star||Staff of Homa||Crit. DMG||HP increased by 20%. Additionally, it provides ATK Bonus based on 0.8% of the Max HP. When the wielder's HP is less than 50%, this ATK Bonus is increased by an additional 1% of Max HP.|
Primordial Jade Winged-Spear
- Like most 5-star characters, they have a tailor-made weapon. This is the case of this polearm for Xiao.
- Anemo doesn't rely on Elemental reaction stats. Instead, ATK%, Crit rate, and Crit DMG are better options for Xiao.
- The passive to the Jade-Spear will increase the DMG of Xiao elemental burst gradually.
Staff of Homa
- The HP bonus and buff of ATK will provide higher DMG. However is not consistent, the reason why the Jade-Spear is a better option.
- The staff of Homa buff required Xiao to be under 50% HP, which is risky considering he lost DMG while his abilities.
- The best 4-star option is this weapon that will buff the ATK% after eliminating an enemy.
- Players can obtain the
READ MORE: Genshin Impact 2.4: Xiao Farming Guide
|Build||Set 1||Set 2||Stats Needed|
|Best in Slot||Viridescent Venerer||Gladiator Finale||Sands: ATK% - Goblet: Anemo DMG Bonus or ATK% - Circlet: Crit. DMG or Crit Rate|
|Substitute||Viridescent Venerer||Shimenawa's Reminiscence||Sands: ATK% - Goblet: Anemo DMG Bonus or ATK% - Circlet: Crit. DMG or Crit Rate|
There is no dedicated Artifact Set for Xiao. Therefore, players need to focus on the sub-stats more than the type of artifact.
- The Anemo Bonus DMG of two Viridescent Venerer will increase Xiao DMG.
- Four pieces of this set will not offer any significant buff to Xiao's abilities.
Gladiator Finale and Shimewana's Reminiscence
- These artifact sets share the same passive for two pieces, extra 18 ATK%
- Xiao artifact needs to focus on ATK with a good ratio of Crit. Rate and Crit. DMG, so these are suitable sets.
- This very accessible Artifact set is helpful for the extra Crit. Rate as long the player received good stats.
Xiao, unfortunately in high-level gameplay, is dependent on Bennet. There is no replacement for the buff and heal that Bennet provides.
Another character that will help in obtaining the best potential of Xiao is Zhong-Li. Rex Lapis' shield lasts long enough to be active during all Xiao Elemental Burst.
Other Geo characters are suitable for Xiao as their shields will protect Xiao from being interrupted while casting his abilities.
Xiao is pretty selfish, required to stay in the field for a long time. Therefore, in the case of Sub-DPS, the best are those which abilities can be active outfield.
Xiao damage is strong enough to create a team composition with no Sub-DPS but three supports. In that case, Venti and Sucrose are the best as Anemo Battery.
The primary source of DMG for Xiao is his Elemental Burst Bane of All Evil. We recommend leveling up this talent first, followed by Xiao's basic attack to increase the DMG of his plunge attack and Lemniscatic Wind Cycling last.
However, Xiao being a main DPS, must max all his talents as much as possible.