The All-Devouring Narwhal has finally arrived as a new Weekly Boss in Genshin Impact Version 4.2. Keen fans might recognise this magnificent whale from the end of Childe's vision in Genshin Impact Version 4.1. However, fans of Childe will be able to remember this creature as far back as Childe's boss fight in Liyue, where he summons mini versions of the All-Devouring Narwhal.
Today, we'll be taking a look at the upcoming All-Devouring Narwhal weekly boss and where you can expect to find it. This massive creature of the primordial sea has finally broken free and is wreaking havoc across Fontaine. Learn about its location, attack patterns, materials, best comps, and how to beat it!
Genshin Impact All-Devouring Narwhal Location
The All-Devouring Narwhal has only recently escaped from the Primordial Sea, and you can face it in the Tounce Domain, "Shadow of Another World". You will unlock this boss by making progress in the main story.
You can find the exact location of the All-Devouring Narwhal in the image above. The "Shadow of Another World" Domain is located underwater, south of Salacia Plain. Here, you'll be transported to a mysterious dimension with a starry sky that seems to be cut off from the rest of the world.
Genshin Impact All-Devouring Narwhal Attack patterns
The All-Devouring Narwhal boss fight is incredibly tough and will be broken up into two phases. The first phase has you fight the giant whale and build up the rage meter next to its HP bar.
This meter is the key to victory, and you need to fill it up by destroying the energy orbs the whale will spawn using Pneuma/Ousia damage, as the whale will instantly kill you otherwise. Here are all the attacks in this phase:
- Dives from the sky, targetting you.
- Ripples appear under you, and the whale shows up to damage in an AoE.
- Rises from the middle and summons several rays of light that mark an area before dealing AoE damage.
- Performs a belly flop and spawns cones that explode with a delay
- Spawns the Eye of the Maelstrom, which will suck you in and instantly kill you. Use Pneuma/Ousia to destroy it.
Shadow Phantom Phase
Once you fill up the meter, the whale will devour you, and you'll enter a different space. Here, you have to fight the Shadow Phantom inside the whale. The Shadow Phantom wields a two-handed sword and can perform Electro and Hydro attacks.
You defeat it by destroying its shield. Whenever you get swallowed and defeat the Shadow Phantom, you deal a huge chunk of damage to the All-Devouring Narwhal. Here are the attacks to expect from the Shadow Phantom:
- Teleports and performs a horizontal slash followed by a vertical slash.
- Slashes downwards and summons electro attacks from the sky.
- Turns into a shield similar to the Whirlpool from the Eye of the Maelstrom. Destroy with Ousia/Pneuma.
- Summons several Hydro turrets to bombard you with regular attacks.
Tips and tricks to defeat All-Devouring Narwhal
- The All-Devouring Narwhal has a 70% resistance to Hydro damage, so it's best to avoid using Hydro characters.
- In the Shadow Phantom phase, it has a 70% resistance to Electro damage.
- You should make use of Pneuma and Ousia to destroy the Eye of the Maelstrom and grab the All-Devouring Narwhal's attention. Once angered, it will swallow you. Do not dodge this.
- This fight is a matter of resilience, and dodging the All-Devouring Narwhal's massive AoE will be instrumental to victory. Bring loads of food with buffs and revives.
- Defeating the Shadow Phantom will allow you to chunk the whale for a ton of damage.
- Damage the Shadow Phantom's shield with Pneuma/Ousia.
- The Shadow Phantom becomes more aggressive the longer the fight goes on. Focus on destroying the shield.
- If you can't defeat the All-Devouring Narwhal, the game will allow you to lower the difficulty.
Best team comps for All-Devouring Narwhal
Here are some suggestions for characters that you should definitely bring to the All-Devouring Narwhal boss fight.
- Raiden Shogun
- Hydro Traveler
All-Devouring Narwhal Drop rewards
The All-Devouring Narwhal Drops the following rewards:
- Artifacts(Gladiator/Wanderer's Troupe)
- Midlander Billets
- Varunada Lazurite
- Lightless Silk String
- Lightless Eye of the Maelstrom
- Lightless Mass
For more about Genshin Impact, we've gathered all available information regarding the Version 4.2 update, including banners, map expansions, new events, and more, so make sure to check it out! We've also compiled all the much-needed QoL changes coming to Version 4.2 here.
Discover all that you need to know about the 18 new Fontaine characters. On top of that, the 4.3 banners have been leaked! Get ahead of the curve and start planning your Primogem savings for your favourite Fontainian characters with our Fontaine character banner schedule here.
For more articles like this, take a look at our Genshin Impact page.