It's been a little while now, but is Microsoft Flight Simulator still flying high? The development team are making sure it is with continual title updates and patches ahead of the Xbox console release.
We're going to run through all the updates as they come.
Patch 184.108.40.206 (May 5th) Detailed
Another minor patch has dropped for Microsoft Flight Simulator today and it's tackling the multiplayer stuttering issues some players have been experienced.
Here are the full, fairly short, Patch Notes for update 220.127.116.11:
- Framerate stuttering when custom liveries are being used in multiplayer has been fixed
- Update to live weather system to improve accuracy globally
All you need to do is download the new .exe file from the Microsoft Store or Steam, as opposed to a package download, and it's clocking in at 1GB on the Microsoft Store and 237MB on Steam.
29 April Development Update
Based on the MFS Development Roadmap, we know what's arriving on Thursday, 29 April.
We should see the Development Roadmap for May to July - which could give us an idea as to when the Xbox release could be arriving.
A Feedback Snapshot should also arrive alongside a second SDK (software development kit) update and an update around MFS' third parties.
Add-on - Top Rudder Solo 103
The latest downloadable add-on for MFS is the Top Rudder Solo 103, which is available for the Marketplace.
April 22 Development Update
The 22 April saw the first SDK Q&A arrive, which was gearing up for the release of the Just 103 Solo plane (above).
The weekly update also saw the Development Roadmap taking us through until the end of April, as well as some nerdy Feedback Snapshots!
The Third Party Update informed that a further 19 airports have either been released or are in development.
We also saw the new additions to the MFS Marketplace, available for you to buy and add to your game.
World Update 4 - Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg & France
Following on from previous World Update from UK & Ireland (3), USA (2) and Japan (1) - western Europe was the next areas to receive the full works from the MFS team.
As per the patch notes, the free content POIS included:
- Chartres Cathedral - France
- Notre-Dame de Paris - France
- Strasbourg Cathedral - France
- Erasmus Bridge - Netherlands
- Python Bridge - Netherlands
- Saint-Nazaire Bridge - France
- Arc de Triomphe - France
- Avenue des Champs-Elysees - France
- Canadian National Vimy Memorial - France
- Rijksmuseum (Amsterdam) - Netherlands
- Royal Palace (Amsterdam) - Netherlands
- Windmills at Kinderdijk - Netherlands
- Allianz Riviera - France
- Johan Cruyff Arena - Netherlands
- Parc des Princes - France
- Parc Olympique Lyonnais - France
- Stade de France - France
- Stade Vélodrome - France
In terms of handcrafted airports, Megeve (LFHM), Nice Cote d'Azur and Rotterdam The Hague Airport all arrive in-game.