Season of Plunder is finally coming to an end which means that Destiny 2 Season 19, will soon be here.
Taking a page out of the previous season, Season 18, it seems like the developers over at Bungie are waiting until the very last minute to reveal anything related to Season 19.
That being said, here's everything we know about Season 19 including its release date, the new dungeon, the crucible overhaul, and more.
Fuel Up! Get 10% OFF Rogue Energy Drinks With Code 'GFIN'
LATEST - Bungie reveals Season 19's Trailer
Unveiling the season's title "Season of the Seraph," the developers over at Bungie have dropped a trailer.
Although little information is still known about Season 19, the new trailer showed off a whole bunch of aspects of the Warmind-focused season.
Destiny 2 Season 19 Release Date
Similar to last season, Bungie is keeping all information related to the new season hush-hush, however, that doesn't mean that we can't infer a release date for Season 19.
Although no official information has been revealed yet, Destiny 2 Season 19 will release on Tuesday, December 6, 2022, following Season of Plunder's official end.
The new season will begin following the weekly reset at 1 p.m. EST on Tuesday and will end on Tuesday, February 28, 2023, once the new Lightfall expansion launches.
Destiny 2 Season 19 New Dungeon
Season of Plunder introduced Guardians to the new King's Fall Raid and Duality dungeon, for Season 19 players can expect a new dungeon as well.
Information regarding the new dungeon has yet to be revealed, however, for some extra context, the Duality dungeon went live just a few days after the season launched. According to a recent TWAB blog post, the new dungeon will release on Friday, December 9.
Destiny 2 Season 19 Crucible Changes
Destiny 2's Crucible is getting an overhaul in Season 19. As stated in a TWAB blog post not too long ago, Bungie outlined the changes players can expect for the PvP mode to be streamlined, putting players into less frequented game modes.
Here's a rundown on all of the Crucible changes:
- New Crucible Seal, Glorious
- Removal of Control and Clash; will now be moved into a single Quickplay playlist
- Weekly rotations of Momentum Control, Mayhem, Team Scorched, Rift, and Rumble
- Crucible Labs will be a version of 3v3 Rift with asymmetrical maps
- Iron banner will replace the Quickplay mode when active
- Will use skill-based matchmaking
- New mode, Fortress, replaces Eruption
- Trials of Osiris will replace Crucible Labs
- Will remain a ticket-based matchmaking system
- New "Glorious" Crucible title will be attainable via triumphs
- Players can focus their Crucible engrams into these specific weapons and armor:
- Clutch Extol Armor Set
- Stars in Shadow (Pulse Rifle)
- The Keening (Sidearm)
- Frozen Orbit (Sniper Rifle)
- Survivor’s Epitaph (Hand Cannon)
- Sorrow’s Verse (Auto Rifle)
- Crisis Inverted (Hand Cannon)
- Riptide (Fusion Rifle)
- Out of Bounds (Submachine Gun)
Destiny 2 Season 19 Ability Changes
Given through another TWAB post, Bungie detailed several subclass nerfs, and a significant of buffs as well.
Here's a small rundown of the ability changes:
- Ballistic Slam, Tempest Strike, Ball Lightning, and Chain Lightning will deal more damage in PvE
- Arc Souls will deal nearly double its damage
- Chaos Reach receives shorter cooldown
- Slow debuff increased by 10%
- Nova Bomb's Vortex moves faster and pulls more
- Shadow's Deadfall lasts significantly longer
- Restoration's healing rate reduced
- Radiant's duration reduced
- Blade Barrage's projectiles amount nerfed
- Storm Grenade's roaming duration decreased
Additionally, there are some notable minor details such as the developers fixing the Void Overshield bug, boosting damage resistance to 50% instead of 25%.
Destiny 2 Season 19 New Weapons and Gear
Like any new season in Destiny 2, players can expect new weapons and gear for Season 19.
Guardians can expect a new exotic weapon tied to the Season Pass, as well as new weapons for Iron Banner, Trials of Osiris, and more.
Here are the new weapons.
- Dark Decider Auto Rifle
- Gunnora’s Axe Shotgun
Trials of Osiris
- Exalted Truth Hand Cannon
- Unwavering Duty Machine Gun
- Wendigo GL3 Grenade Launcher (Heavy)
- Hung Jury SR4 Scout Rifle
Just as new weapons are being added, old weapons are being removed.
Here's the list:
- Forge’s Pledge Pulse Rifle
- Riiswalker Shotgun
Trials of Osiris
- Aisha’s Embrace Scout Rifle
- Reed’s Regret Linear Fusion Rifle
- Silicon Neuroma Sniper Rifle
- Duty Bound Auto Rifle
Destiny 2 Season 19 Story
Information regarding Destiny 2 Season 19's story is mostly unknown, however, according to renowned Destiny 2 leaker on Twitter, D2Leaks, Season 19 will not be a SIVA season.
Instead, the new season's story might revolve around Rasputin and Ana Bray as they gear up to battle the darkness, tying into the upcoming Lightfall expansion.