Treyarch has released the new Black Ops Cold War update on January 7, 2021, and it includes a hose of updates to Multiplayer and Zombies, from balances, and bug fixes to playlist changes. We also now have the full patch notes!
The Black Ops Cold War update released late in the evening on January 7, 2021, and can be downloaded now on all platforms.
This Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War January 7 update changed quite a bit about Multiplayer, including the addition of new playlists like "Nuketown '84", "Raid + Crossroads Strike 24/7", "Fireteam: Dirty Bomb Duos", and more.
Other than that, some small scorestreak fixes and changes to XP values for Operator Missions have been implemented.
No major updates were added to the Zombies mode here, however, some stability fixes were introduced.
Dead Ops Arcade 3 did see some issues resolved, which are mostly small bugs or issues with particle effects.
The full Black Ops Cold War patch notes for the January 7 update have been released by Treyarch on their official blog and can be found below:
- Addressed an issue that could prevent new Daily Challenges from appearing.
- Addressed issues preventing the following Daily Challenges from tracking properly:
- "Team Deathmatch Challenger"
- "Hardcore Challenger"
- "Hardcore Champion"
- Addressed an issue that could prevent progress from tracking for the "Mass Casualties" Challenge when using a Cruise Missile.
- Raid + Crossroads Strike 24/7 [NEW]
- Includes TDM, Domination, Kill Confirmed, and Hardpoint on Raid and Crossroads Strike.
- Hardcore version also available in Quick Play.
- Gunfight Blueprints [NEW]
- 2v2 Gunfight matches using new randomized Weapon Blueprint-based loadouts.
- Fireteam: Dirty Bomb Duos [NEW]
- Fireteam: Dirty Bomb played with 20 players (10 teams of Duos).
- Nuketown 24/7 [UPDATED]
- Nuketown ’84 Holiday replaced with Nuketown ’84.
- Face Off
- Prop Hunt
- Fireteam: Dirty Bomb
- Added extra models and collision to prevent being able to kill enemies at their spawn in Game Show at the start of a match.
- Combined Arms
- Adjusted time in Combined Arms: Assault when a zone is captured.
- Addressed an issue in Hardcore modes where Spy Planes exiting the map could override the mini-map being active, even if a H.A.R.P. was still active.
- Care Package
- Fixed a rare crash that could occur when calling in a Holiday Care Package.
- Adjusted XP values for Operator Missions.
- Added various stability fixes.
- Closed various map exploit areas.
- Addressed an issue that prevented the Ammo Mod from appearing on the player’s weapon immediately after using the Pack-a-Punch.
Dead Ops Arcade 3
- Addressed an issue where the player could load into Dead Ops Arcade with the wrong Operator Skin.
- Addressed an issue where the player could be downed by walking underneath a spike trap.
- Addressed different effect issues occurring when transitioning from solo play.
- Addressed various particle effect issues.
- Addressed an issue where a player could lose their Bronze chalice after a private match.