Genshin Impact's littlest ninja packs a powerful punch in a very tiny package. Do not tell her that, though, as Sayu is sensitive about her height.
The last time we saw Sayu in a banner was back in October 2021, but we have good news, Sayu is back in the character banner of Genshin Impact 2.6 in the rerun of Kamisato Ayaka.
The Heron's Court, the third character banner in Genshin Impact 2.6, will arrive on April 19, 2022, at 6pm EST.
- Rosaria- 4-star Cryo, Polearm User
- Sayu - 4-star Anemo, Claymore User
- Razor - 4-star Electro, Claymore User.
Who is Sayu?
This Inazuma inhabitant trained hard in her ninjitsu to be as effective as possible in as little time as possible so she can sleep more, something she believes will help her grow taller.
While that logic is questionable, her skills are not.
- She is a 4-star Anemo Claymore user with strong offensive skills, excellent mobility, and low stamina consumption.
- Sayu is an offensive healer that works better in a Sub-DPS position or as a Support/healer.
- The little ninja is excellent for world exploration, moving long-distance fast with no stamina consumption and the ability to don't startle wild animals.
- Sayu Elemental Burst's real potential is behind constellation 1.
- Underwhelming DMG, without capabilities to pull enemies together as most Anemo characters.
- Sayu's Elemental Skill absorbs nearby Elements, making her weak to battle Elemental Enemies like Slimes.
Sayu Best Weapon
|5-Star||Wolf's Gravestone||ATK %||Increases ATK by 20~40%. On hit, attacks against opponents with less than 30% HP increase all party members' ATK by 40~80% for 12s. Can only occur once every 30s.|
|4-Star||Katsuragikiri Nagamasa||Energy Recharge||Increases Elemental Skill DMG by 12%. After Elemental Skill hits an opponent, the character loses 3 Energy but regenerates 5 Energy every 2s for the next 6s. This effect can occur once every 10s. Can be triggered even when the character is not on the field|
While many characters favor using new weapons, Sayu excels with Wolf's Gravestone.
Unfortunately, like many great weapons, Wolf's Gravestone is a 5-Star Claymore that can only be obtained via the Genshin Impact Gacha System.
The Katsuragikiri is a craftable weapon, the claymore for players suing Sayu as a support/healer.
The weapon will provide Energy Particles to keep Sayu Elemental Burst ready when necessary.
|Build||Set 1||Set 2||Stats Needed|
|Best||Viridescent Venerer||Viridescent Venerer||Sands: Energy Recharge or ATK - Goblet: ATK% - Circlet: ATK%|
|Substitute||Noblesse Oblige||Noblesse Oblige||Sands: Energy Recharge or ATK - Goblet: ATK% or Anemo DMG - Circlet: Healing Bonus|
The first and arguably the best direction to take is to use a 4-Piece Viridescent Venerer set.
The set will grant benefits to Anemo Characters. In the case of Sayu, 4 pieces of this set will take advantage of the constant Swirl reactions created by her Elemental Skill.
- 4-Piece Viridescent Venerer
- Increases Swirl DMG by 60%. Decreases opponent's Elemental RES to the element infused in the Swirl by 40% for 10s
Of course, Viridescent Venerer is one of the more complicated sets to obtain pieces, and it is in high demand.
The artifact set Noblesse Oblige is excellent for supports that rely on their Elemental Burst—providing higher DMg and an ATK buff for all the team.
- 4-Piece Noblesse Oblige
- Using an Elemental Burst, increase all party members' ATK by 20% for 12s. This effect cannot stack.
For Sayu with Noblesse Oblige, Players should look for Anemo DMG and Healing Bonus pieces.
Sayu Best Teammates
Sayu is not a very popular character currently. Instead, most players use Sayu as an alternative to Jean.
However, Sayu as support can provide substantial healing without affecting the DMG output of the team.
Xiao is a powerful Anemo DPS. However, he is currently struggling in the current meta, with enemies that inflict DMG over time and ignore shield.
Sayu is a great Anemo Battery that can heal Xiao during the plunging attacks of his Elemental Burst.
- Xiao is the main source of DMG in this team. The other three characters need to ensure he is protected and can spam his Elemental Burst.
- Chongyun at constellation two can reduce the cooldown of the Elemental Burst of teammates.
- Alternatives: Bennett, Raiden Shogun, Xingqiu.
- Zhongli shield and the reduction of enemies' elemental resistance increase the DMG and the survivability of Xiao.
- Zhongli elemental burst will petrify enemies, making them easier prey for the conquer of demon slashes.
- Sayu will work in this team as an Anemo Battery, Healer. Her elemental skill can also work to reposition the team in bug places like the Spiral Abyss.
A very flexible team where Sayu can shine as Sub-DPS with constant DMG from swirls. The team is based on the elemental reaction of Cryo with Pyro.
There are many varieties, so we will mention what works better for Sayu.
- Xianling skills are the perfect fit for teams that rely on constant Elemental Reactions.
- Alternatives: Diluc, Klee, Yoimiya
- Sayu, with a 4 set of Viridescent Venerer, will shred the enemies' defenses and spread the elemental reaction in the field.
- The best character for a melting composition is Ganyu. However, we consider it better to build a team around her than use her as support.
- Rosaria, Kaeya, and Chongyun are excellent options that will provide consistent Cryo applications with their Elemental Bursts.
- Pick support considering what your team is missing. For example, a Pyro battery like bennet is ideal if you have a Xiangling with low ER.
- Diona also can provide Cryo Application, Shield, and Healing.
- This team will work for Shenhe if you do not have Ganyu or Ayaka.
READ MORE: Genshin Impact 2.6 Ayaka Banner COUNTDOWN