The NBA 2K22 countdown begins as were only mere hours away from the official September 10th launch of NBA 2K22.
We've got all the ratings news you need here, along with our official NBA 2K22 countdown, read on for more!
UPDATED - The NBA 2K22 countdown BEGINS!
With only hours until NBA 2K22 finally releases, we've started our official countdown to keep you up to date on all the action coming to your platform.
We don't quite now all the tricks to accessing the game early, but we have some of the official times below.
NBA 2K22 will go live at the following times in the following time zones:
- EST - 12am Friday, September 10th
- CST - 11pm Thursday, September 9th
- PST - 9pm Thursday, September 9th
There are a ton of additional features coming to the game including Cancha Del Mar, the new Neighborhood, and updates to The City.
Head here to join our countdown and prepare yourself for all the NBA 2K22 action!
Player ratings revealed
Just moments ahead of the first official reveals for NBA 2K22 ratings, things kicked off with a leak by 2KIntel revealing the rating for cover athlete Luka Doncic.
Here's every NBA 2K22 player rating we know about so far:
- Luka Doncic, 94 OVR, Dallas Mavericks (LEAKED, later confirmed)
- Kevin Durant, 96 OVR, Brooklyn Nets
- Steph Curry, 96 OVR, Golden State Warriors
- Giannis Antetokounmpo, 96 OVR, Milwaukee Bucks
- Khris Middleton, 88 OVR, Milwaukee Bucks
- Jrue Holiday, 85 OVR, Milwaukee Bucks
- Nikola Jokic, 95 OVR, Denver Nuggets
- Candace Parker, 93 OVR, Chicago Sky (LEAKED, later confirmed)
- Damian Lillard, 94 OVR, Portland Trail Blazers
- LaMelo Ball, 84 OVR, Charlotte Hornets
- Jay Tatum, 90 OVR, Boston Celtics
- Zion Williamson, 89 OVR, New Orleans Pelicans
- Trae Young, 89 OVR, Atlanta Hawks
- Kawhi Leonard, 95 OVR, Los Angeles Clippers (LEAKED, later confirmed)
- James Harden, 94 OVR, Brooklyn Nets (LEAKED, later confirmed)
- LeBron James, 96 OVR, Los Angeles Lakers (LEAKED, later confirmed)
- Joel Embiid, 95 OVR, Philadelphia 76ers (LEAKED, later confirmed)
- Zach LaVine, 87 OVR, Chicago Bulls
- Breanna Stewart, 95 OVR, Seattle Storm
- A'ja Wilson, 94 OVR, Las Vegas Aces
- Jonquel Jones, 94 OVR, Connecticut Sun
- Brittney Griner, 92 OVR, Phoenix Mercury
- Serge Ibaka, 79 OVR, Los Angeles Clippers
- Ricky Rubio, 78 OVR, Cleveland Cavaliers
- Marc Gasol, 75 OVR, Los Angeles Lakers
- Juancho Hernangomez, 75 OVR, Minnesota Timberwolves
- Willy Hernangomez, 75 OVR, New Orleans Pelicans
- Usman Garuba, 72 OVR, Houston Rockets
- Santi Aldama, 70 OVR, Memphis Grizzlies
- Rudy Gobert, 88 OVR, Utah Jazz
- Evan Fournier, 79 OVR, New York Knicks
- Nicolas Batum, 77 OVR, Los Angeles Clippers
- Theo Maledon, 74 OVR, Oklahoma City Thunder
- Timothe Lawawu-Cabarrot, 72 OVR, Brooklyn Nets
- Killian Hayes, 71 OVR, Detroit Pistons
- Sekou Doumboya, 71 OVR, Detroit Pistons
- Dennis Schroder, 79 OVR, Oklahoma City Thunder
- Daniel Theis, 76 OVR, Houston Rockets
- Maxi Kleber, 76 OVR, Dallas Mavericks
- Franz Wagner, 74 OVR, Orlando Magic
- Isaiah Hartenstein, 74 OVR, Cleveland Cavaliers
- Moritz Wagner, 74 OVR, Orlando Magic
- Isaac Bonga, 70 OVR, Toronto Raptors
- Domantas Sabonis, 86 OVR, Indiana Pacers
The most recent group of leaked ratings comes via this image from the 2KIntel account which reveals the top 10 highest rated players in NBA 2K22:
The team ratings for NBA 2K22 have been revealed and it looks pretty similar to NBA 2K21. That's to be expected as rosters didn't really change much over the year.
Currently, these are the top-five teams in NBA 2K22, based on the overall of the top-eight players.
- Brooklyn Nets - 85 OVR
- Los Angeles Lakers - 84 OVR
- Atlanta Hawks - 82 OVR
- Boston Celtics - 82 OVR
- Denver Nuggets - 82 OVR
We hope to see some adjustments made to teams like the Phoenix Suns who were really impressive last season, but for now, these are the top five teams in NBA 2K22.
If you're excited to play The City when it returns to next gen consoles this year, we've got more details here on what it could look like in NBA 2K22.
Players that deserve a rating boost in NBA 2K22
There were some fantastic players that had a breakout season in 2021. For NBA 2K22 to stay updated, these players will need a significant boost in the upcoming game.
Devin Booker, Phoenix Suns
Devin Booker took the world by storm during the NBA Bubble in 2020. Some thought he wouldn't have the same season the following year and instead he led his team to the NBA Finals. If anyone deserves a boost from his current 89 OVR, it's Booker.
Julius Randle, New York Knicks
Randle was considered a washed-out player only a few years ago but he's switched the narrative during his time in New York. He led the Knicks to the playoffs and won the NBA Comeback Player of the Year award this year. His overall definitely needs an adjustment from its current 89.
Trae Young, Atlanta Hawks
Trae Young has a current ranking of 87 in NBA 2K21 and we hope to see a boost in the upcoming game. Young was the driving force behind the Hawks in the playoffs this year and deserves at least an 89 OVR in NBA 2K22 after leading them to the Eastern Conference Finals, eliminating the top seeded Philadelphia 76ers.
For more articles like this, take a look at our NBA 2K page.