NBA 2K22 ratings always get fans up in arms, whether it's in agreement or disagreement, and this year is sure to be no different.
With the first details now coming out, here's everything we know so far about NBA 2K22 ratings and what we're expecting next.
Latest - Multiple player ratings leaked and revealed
With what looks to be a string of NBA 2K22 ratings reveals landing today, things kicked off with a leak just minutes before the first reveal was posted.
- Luka Doncic, 94 OVR, Dallas Mavericks (LEAKED, later confirmed)
- Kevin Durant, 96 OVR, Brooklyn Nets
- Steph Curry, 96 OVR, Golden State Warriors
- Giannis Antetokounmpo, 96 OVR, Milwaukee Bucks
- Khris Middleton, 88 OVR, Milwaukee Bucks
- Jrue Holiday, 85 OVR, Milwaukee Bucks
- Nikola Jokic, 95 OVR, Denver Nuggets
- Candace Parker, 93 OVR, Chicago Sky (LEAKED, later confirmed)
- Damian Lillard, 94 OVR, Portland Trail Blazers
- LaMelo Ball, 84 OVR, Charlotte Hornets
- Jay Tatum, 90 OVR, Boston Celtics
- Zion Williamson, 89 OVR, New Orleans Pelicans
- Trae Young, 89 OVR, Atlanta Hawks
- Kawhi Leonard, 95 OVR, Los Angeles Clippers (LEAKED, later confirmed)
- James Harden, 94 OVR, Brooklyn Nets (LEAKED, later confirmed)
- LeBron James, 96 OVR, Los Angeles Lakers (LEAKED, later confirmed)
- Joel Embiid, 95 OVR, Philadelphia 76ers (LEAKED, later confirmed)
- Zach LaVine, 87 OVR, Chicago Bulls
- Breanna Stewart, 95 OVR, Seattle Storm
- A'ja Wilson, 94 OVR, Las Vegas Aces
- Jonquel Jones, 94 OVR, Connecticut Sun
- Brittney Griner, 92 OVR, Phoenix Mercury
- Serge Ibaka, 79 OVR, Los Angeles Clippers
- Ricky Rubio, 78 OVR, Cleveland Cavaliers
- Marc Gasol, 75 OVR, Los Angeles Lakers
- Juancho Hernangomez, 75 OVR, Minnesota Timberwolves
- Willy Hernangomez, 75 OVR, New Orleans Pelicans
- Usman Garuba, 72 OVR, Houston Rockets
- Santi Aldama, 70 OVR, Memphis Grizzlies
- Rudy Gobert, 88 OVR, Utah Jazz
- Evan Fournier, 79 OVR, New York Knicks
- Nicolas Batum, 77 OVR, Los Angeles Clippers
- Theo Maledon, 74 OVR, Oklahoma City Thunder
- Timothe Lawawu-Cabarrot, 72 OVR, Brooklyn Nets
- Killian Hayes, 71 OVR, Detroit Pistons
- Sekou Doumboya, 71 OVR, Detroit Pistons
- Dennis Schroder, 79 OVR, Oklahoma City Thunder
- Daniel Theis, 76 OVR, Houston Rockets
- Maxi Kleber, 76 OVR, Dallas Mavericks
- Franz Wagner, 74 OVR, Orlando Magic
- Isaiah Hartenstein, 74 OVR, Cleveland Cavaliers
- Moritz Wagner, 74 OVR, Orlando Magic
- Isaac Bonga, 70 OVR, Toronto Raptors
- Domantas Sabonis, 86 OVR, Indiana Pacers
Screenshots of each player in the upcoming game were also shared with each reveal, and those can be viewed on the applicable account linked above.
The most recent group of leaked ratings comes via this image from the 2KIntel account which reveals the top 10 highest rated players in NBA 2K22:
We also got the following tweet from the NBA 2K subreddit, indicating all of the ratings that we can expect to be revealed today.
We're likely to get more reveals today via the official NBA 2K Twitter and will continue to have details on that here as they're announced.
NBA 2K22 Ratings Reveal Date & Time
The teasing for NBA 2K22 ratings has officially begun, kicked off by a tweet from the official NBA 2K account that indicated they could land soon.
Unfortunately, they didn't give a more clear indication of exactly when the first NBA 2K22 ratings reveals are to be expected.
Despite that lack of detail, there are a few key signs that indicate when we should expect the NBA 2K22 ratings to start being announced.
The 2KIntel account on Twitter has been consistent and reliable with leaks throughout this year, and they reported immediately following the above tease that they're coming "tomorrow."
While a reveal time wasn't included, we can expect they'll stick closely to the 11am ET window used for the cover athlete and initial trailer drop.
With all that in mind, we expect the first NBA 2K22 ratings reveal to arrive on Wednesday, August 18 at 11am ET (10am CT/8am PT).
The choice seems well timed, as they could be aiming to draw a little bit of mainstream media attention (ESPN, etc) from the launch of rival developer EA Sports' Madden 22 this Friday.
Which player ratings will get revealed first?
Nothing is guaranteed, but the way the NBA 2K account is currently teasing things definitely points to a series of names who could be part of the first reveal.
With Luka Doncic being the first name in the conversation, we can likely count on the Standard Edition cover athlete being the first NBA 2K22 player rating to be announced.
Since that initial teaser tweet, they've followed it up with similar teasers for Steph Curry, Damian Lillard, and Kevin Durant, all of whom are likely to be among the top rated players in NBA 2K222.
It's worth noting that 2K Sports handles their ratings a bit differently than Madden 22, which was the game with the most recent major ratings reveals.
While Madden 22 has an illustrious 99 Club featuring the year's top players, rarely do main roster players in NBA 2K ever reach that perfect 99 OVR rating, though Durant certainly feels he deserves that rating.
With last year's season in mind, here are the top five players we're expecting for NBA 2K22:
- Giannis Antetokounmpo - 98 OVR
- Nikola Jokic - 97 OVR
- Stephen Curry - 97 OVR
- Lebron James - 96 OVR
- Kevin Durant - 96 OVR
If Visual Concepts and 2K Sports are hoping to draw things out, these probably won't be the first names we hear about.
Madden 22 stretched ratings reveals into a whole week, and NBA 2K22 could just as easily draw things out towards this weekend if they choose to.
For more articles like this, take a look at our NBA 2K page.