The Valorant 7.07 patch notes are here! For this version of the game, expect Cypher mains to rejoice, as there's a big buff coming to his Ultimate, Neural Theft, which will now fully complete even if he is killed during the cast.
On the other hand, Gekko's Dizzy detection range will now be reduced while inside the Viper's Pit Ultimate. This was a known bug that favoured Gekko players and rather than a nerf it's simply an adjustment of how the abilities interacted with one another.
In addition to these agent changes, Riot developers have decided to remove the competitive rank restrictions for 5-stacks, allowing players of any rank to team up with their friends once again. With that said, let's delve into the Valorant patch 7.07 notes.
Valorant 7.07 full patch notes
Here’s a rundown of everything you need to know about Valorant patch 7.07.
To the relief of the Valorant community, Riot has decided to rescind the competitive rank restriction that applied to 5 stacks. Previously, Ascendant players and higher could only invite players with Platinum rank and higher to their competitive party.
This restriction was initially implemented to combat rank boosting. Now, Valorant devs have acknowledged that players' ability to have flexibility with their 5 stacks is more important than addressing the very small number of people who abuse this exploit.
However, they still acknowledge that boosting poses a risk to competitive integrity and are actively working on finding an appropriate long-term solution that won't hinder players' ability to enjoy the game with friends in a 5 stack."
- Updated the destruction VFX for the destructible door panels located at Mid Doors/Garage in order to make it easier to see through as it falls away.
- Neural Theft (X) now completes even if Cypher dies after casting
- Fixed an issue where you could remain blinded if spectating a flash through Cypher’s Spycam (E) as the round ended
- Dizzy’s (E) enemy detection range is now correctly reduced while inside of Viper’s Pit (X) ability
In Patch 7.06, Valorant devs fixed a bug that allowed the game to output surround sound when certain conditions were met, but the surround mix was untested and unsupported. VALORANT currently only supports stereo and mono sound output.
- To simulate surround sound on headphones, an HRTF setting is offered
- Combining the HRTF setting in-game with other surround sound virtualization software at the same time is not recommended, since this will result in double processing
- Note that other surround sound virtualisation software cannot derive surround sound information from the stereo mix
- Fixed an issue where the Attacker team takes priority over the Defender team in the Overtime vote
- Fixed a bug where a second timer bar would appear after the “Choose Side” vote had already ended
- Fixed a bug where certain scenarios would cause subsequent Overtime Priority votes to occur in the following round
Valorant patch 7.07 release date
It will take time before we see Valorant patch 7.07 be released. However, expect it to be launched on either 3 October or 10 October. Riot's cadence usually sees them release a patch every two weeks, although there have been instances in which they need to adjust based on outside factors.
With that said, that's it for now! If you're interested in more Valorant content we have a ton for you to enjoy. Check out our Agent tier list in case you're struggling to find a main, also we have our first official leaks regarding Agent 24 you don't want to miss out on.
For more articles like this, take a look at our Valorant page.