NBA 2K22 has finally dropped Update Version 1.4 on Next Gen, and the full Patch Notes are out with details on which bug fixes were on the agenda this time.
We've got full details and Patch Notes so you can see exactly what has (and hasn't) been fixed in NBA 2K22 on Next Gen with Version 1.4.
NBA 2K22 Update Version 1.4 Patch Notes for Next Gen
NBA 2K22 on Next Gen has gotten the first major post-launch update, but it's still a relatively small one all things considered.
- Additional stability improvements in an ongoing effort to improve your user experience.
- Fixed issues where some users were unable to progress in select MyCAREER storylines.
- The Gatorade Private Courts reservation menu will now reliably display your friends list.
- Fixed just prior to this patch: Users should have already noted improved responsiveness on Squad Invites and newly improved performance in Rec/Pro-Am experiences.
Another Next Gen Update already planned
In addition to the details provided for this update and Patch Notes, we got a note from 2K about some issues they're looking to remedy in another Next Gen patch scheduled for next week.
The following is currently planned:
- Continued stability improvements
- Improved loading speeds when re-entering the City
- Removed/reduced hitching when on vehicles on Series X consoles
- Removing tipping from DJ Booths when propped near Quest NPCs
No time or date was given for when this update is expected next week.
Servers Down, Error Code 4894914b
In what is potentially connected timing, NBA 2K22 seems to have having major server and connectivity issues just as this Next Gen update went live.
Players quickly began reporting that servers were down and they weren't able to stay connected, despite the NBA 2K server status site stating all services are normal, up and running.
If you're dealing with Error Code 4894914b, we've got more details on that here and the server issue in NBA 2K22.