MLB The Show 21 isn't slowing down on bringing new content to Diamond Dynasty, and the 3rd Inning Program has now added a Player Program featuring HOF Pitcher Juan Marichal.
The new card spotlights his 1963 season with the San Francisco Giants, and we've got everything you need to know to unlock Marichal for your Diamond Dynasty squad in MLB The Show 21.
MLB The Show 21 drops new Juan Marichal Player Program
MLB The Show 21 continues to roll on with the 3rd Inning Program, and the latest Player Program has dropped featuring Juan Marichal.
While the Baseball Hall of Famer also played a few seasons with the Red Sox and Dodgers, he's most well known for his 13 years with the San Francisco Giants.
Marichal was dominant in the 1960s and won more games than any other pitcher in the league during that time, but only nabbed one World Series appearance.
This new 3rd Inning Player Program went live on June 11, 2021 at Noon PT (2pm CT/3pm ET) and players can complete it now to unlock Marichal.
Diamond Dynasty Juan Marichal Stats
If you're on the fence about whether Marichal is worth your time in MLB The Show 21 Diamond Dynasty, his stats are key in making that decision.
Right at the top, Marichal has got an insane 111 in Stamina, making him perfect if you're in a situation where you need your pitcher to last throughout a hard-fought game.
If your bullpen is relatively thin, Marichal could be a good asset that can play longer than the average pitcher, but ultimately you'll need to consider who else you already have.
If your bullpen has other comparable or better pitchers, Marichal's only use might end up being as part of the Breakout Collection in Diamond Dynasty.
How to Unlock 3rd Inning Juan Marichal
In order to complete the 3rd Inning Player Program and unlock Breakout Juan Marichal, you'll have to tick off a series of missions and moments.
There is also an exchange available, and you can earn 5 Points by exchanging starting pitchers, but that won't make much of a dent without finishing some of the other challenges.
Like each standard Player Program, there are three missions for you to complete in specific Diamond Dynasty Game Modes.
- Wins with SF SP - ONLINE: Tally 1 Win with a Giants starting pitcher in Ranked Seasons, Battle Royale, or Events (Rewards 10 Points)
- Strikeouts With SF Pitchers - ONLINE: Tally 10 Strikeouts with Giants Pitchers in Ranked Seasons, Battle Royale, or Events (Rewards 10 Points)
- Defeat SF on All-Star - Play Vs CPU: Defeat the Giants on All-Star Difficulty or Higher in Play Vs CPU (Rewards 8 Points)
You'll also be able to take on six different Moments highlighting specific performances Marichal delivered in his legendary career.
- The Dominican Dandy (Rookie Difficulty): Win 1 Game and Do Not Give Up 1 Hit starting from the 7th inning (Rewards 7 Points)
- Juan More Inning (Veteran Difficulty): Pitch 1 Inning and Do Not Give Up 1 Run (Rewards 7 Points)
- I See No L's (Rookie Difficulty): Win 1 Game starting from the 8th Inning (Rewards 7 Points)
- Finish What You Started (Veteran Difficulty): Pitch 5 Innings and Do Not Give Up 1 Run (Rewards 7 Points)
- I'll Show You An Encore (Rookie Difficulty): Pitch 7 Innings and Do Not Give Up 2 Runs (Rewards 7 Points)
- All I Do Is Win (Veteran Difficulty): Win 1 Game starting from the 8th Inning (Rewards 7 Points)
You'll need 50 Points by the time everything is said and done, so decide early how much of that you wanna earn with Missions and how much you'll get through Moments.
All Player Program Rewards
Your ultimate reward will definitely be the 90 OVR rated Breakout Juan Marichal card, but you'll also snag some Stubs and Packs as well.
Here's every reward in the 3rd Inning Juan Marichal Player Program:
- 10 Points: 500 Stubs
- 20 Points: One The Show Pack
- 30 Points: 1000 Stubs
- 40 Points: Two The Show Packs
- 50 Points: 90 OVR Breakout Juan Marichal Player Item
MLB The Show 21 also got a new roster update today, which included four different players making the jump to Diamond with their Live Series cards.