The skill trees in Dying Light 2 are pretty interesting, opting for two individual yet symbiotic progressions paths. By doing pretty much anything in-game, you unlock experience towards one of two trees that make your build the best they can be. If you're looking for the very best skills in Dying Light 2,this is what you should know. They are locked by certain skills and by getting a certain world level so this will go over the entire thing.
LATEST - Dying Light 2 Out Now
After a long wait, Dying Light 2 is finally out worldwide. Estimated to take up to 500 hours to do everything, it may take you a long time to get through.
If you're looking to plan out your build to pick the very best skills, this is what you should know.
Best Skills to Unlock in Dying Light 2
We've added the skills in each area below, as well as what they do once unlocked.
Best Combat Skills
- Vault Kick - Jump over staggered enemies and follow up with a kick.
- Perfect Dodge - Dodge at perfect time to stagger enemy. The best skill for combat, as it dodging is less risky than blocking.
- Grapple/Grapple Throw - Use momentum of oncoming enemies to throw them. Helpful against certain human bosses.
- Dropkick - Perform a powerful kick while jumping to kick off ledge.
- Ground Pound - Powerful attack from air. Helpful when starting fights.
Those are the best Combat Skills in Dying Light 2. It's best to focus on skills that help you avoid damage in fights or take enemies by surprise.
Best Parkour Skills
- High Jump - This one will let you reach higher ledges and climb quickly. Vital in the late game parkour focused sections.
- Active Landing - Helps you avoid taking much damage when falling from a great height. Particularly good before you unlock the paraglider.
- Firm Grip/Fast Climb/Ledge Jump - These three are a chain of parkour skill in Dying Light 2. Then help you climb faster.
- Far Jump - Helps you cross larger gaps and jump between buildings.
- Dart/Dash/Afterboost - Makes you faster across the ground, like sprinting.
- Bash/Enemy Jump - When running through crowds, you can flatter them or bash them out of the way.
- Tic Tac/Wall Run - Walling running becomes important in the main Villedor city.
It's also worth noting that some skills will be more attractive to players with certain playstyles. If you love blocking rather than dodging, for example, movement skills may be a better choice for you.
For more articles like this, take a look at our More page.