A new Madden 24 title update is here, and it brings some significant gameplay changes. Update 4 addresses some major gameplay issues, and fixes a plethora of bugs that were happening in MUT, Franchise, or Superstar mode.
This new title update also introduced new touchdown celebrations, added new face scans into the game, and updated the portraits of more than 185 players. Some of these changes might seem small, but they make the game more realistic and immersive.
Without further ado, let's take a look at the most important changes in Madden 24 Title Update 4.
Madden 24 catching tuned
Developers noticed that defenders were dropping a lot of balls, leading to plenty of missed interceptions. Because of that, the "ratings threshold for catching interceptions" was lowered, meaning that defenders will now drop fewer balls, which in turn will lead to more interceptions.
This is arguably the biggest change that Update 4 brought to Madden 24, as it has a huge impact on the gameplay. Now, players need to be more careful with the ball, as even lower OVR players can intercept it.
At the same time, this change benefits players who are good defenders and force their opponents to make mistakes. Hopefully, this change makes the game more realistic and enjoyable to play.
MUT server errors fixed
This is something that Madden 24 should have done a long time ago, but better late than never.
Players have experienced plenty of server errors when trying to enter MUT, or even when searching for a game. These problems increased after the Madden 24 servers were down for maintenance on 2 November, with some users not being able to see the MUT tab on the menu screen.
This tile update addressed all the server errors, and it also fixed some major bugs such as players not receiving their MUT Champs rewards, or getting a blank rewards screen.
These are mostly quality-of-life improvements, rather than major mode changes. Nevertheless, it's at least good to see that the developing team is addressing even the smallest bugs, and trying to fix them as fast as possible.
You can take a look at the full Update 4 Gridiron Notes below.
Update 4 Gridiron Notes
- Gen 4 Player Experience: Since our last title update, some players have reported slower experience on Gen 4. The MUT team has made adjustments across the entire MUT Hub to improve loading and transition times for all platforms.
- Tuning to lower the ratings threshold for catching interceptions on the Competitive game style to decrease the number of dropped interceptions.
- DEV NOTE: This applies to open catches, since physical contact with a player or the ball can still cause the ball to be knocked out.
- Fixed an issue causing undesired catch-drops when the QB would get hit during or shortly after throwing the ball.
- DEV NOTE: In our September Title Update, we included a fix to decrease the chance for defenders to catch the ball quickly after a QB pass out of a hit, but that fix had the unintended result of decreasing the chance to catch passes during or after a QB hit globally. In response, we are backing that change out of the game to return catch-chances to previous values. This will temporarily re-introduce situations that allow pass rushers to sometimes catch the ball when the QB throws out of a hit, but we plan to refine that logic without impacting the global catch-chance in an upcoming title update.
- Fixed an issue causing the curl-flat defender in 3-4 Odd SS Trap 2 to align on the wrong side of the field against empty sets.
- Fixed an issue causing safeties and cornerbacks to have flipped assignments when covering offensive formations with 3 tight ends.
- Fixed an issue allowing the ball carrier to have no fumble chance when diving; after this fix, ball carriers will have a higher risk of fumbling when diving into traffic.
- Increased the size of the Passing Accuracy meter.
- Fixed an issue sometimes allowing unblocked defenders when using block-and-release routes in empty formations.
- DEV NOTE: Eligible receivers with a block-and-release assignment will not go out into their route until they have at least made contact with the blitzing defender that they are targeting. The blocker will stay in the engagement for a very short period of time, then release on his route.
- Fixed a rare issue causing players engaged in a block to freeze on the field for the rest of the play.
- NFL games scheduled in Germany will be played at Deutsche Bank Park.
- Fixed an issue where the Weekly Strategy selection would reset to default after completing a Mini-Game with a focus player.
- Fixed a rare crash that would occur in game when a player from a downloaded draft class would occasionally have incomplete player data.
- Fixed an issue where the halftime report during the game would sometimes show the wrong teams/scores.
- Various News story text bug fixes.
Madden Ultimate Team
- Fixed an issue where some users would receive a server error when entering MUT.
- Fixed an issue where the New Item Flow would occasionally not appear after making a purchase from the direct purchase panel.
- Fixed an issue where some users would receive a blank rewards flow screen.
- Fixed an issue with bundles purchased from the direct purchase panel that would require the user to back out of MUT and return to see the packs from the bundle in their unopened packs.
- Improved loading times in and out of objectives screen.
- Fixed a bug where some sets that were not described as returning items incorrectly displayed the "Returned on Completion" icon.
- Fixed a bug that caused the new items flow to incorrectly display rewards if more than 35 rewards were present.
- Fixed a bug that caused some users to not receive rewards after playing MUT Champs.
- Fixed a Playstation 5 specific bug that linked the user to the wrong location from the PlayStation home screen field pass link.
- Fixed a bug that caused the top 100 tab to not populate after finishing a Solo Battle.
- Various visual improvements and bug fixes within the MUT menus.
- Fixed an issue with UI where a different position save is seen on Superstar loadout screen.
- Fixed an issue where OVR and abilities did not change after Avatar reset.
- Fixed an issue where Franchise PS5 Activity began when Combine started.
- Fixed UI interface where the Rotate button was not visible in Avatar Creation Hub.
- Fixed UI interface where the Speed Boost reward had no icon in Level Path.
- Fixed various issues with stability.
- Fixed an issue in Showdown where button hints flash repeatedly on the Ready Up screen.
- Updated Featured Deals tile in Showdown.
- Fixed an issue with server error showing up when entering Showdown.
- Fixed an issue preventing the celebration wheel from displaying after a user sack in the end zone in Superstar Showdown.
- Added Randy Moss’s Signature TD Celebration.
- Updated D.J. Chark’s signature TD celebration.
- Updated Oakley Visor tabs to match the new updated style being used this season on-field.
- Fixed clipping issues seen on Adidas Adizero Primeknit cleats.
- Fixed an issue with the seam pattern on Lions jerseys.
- Updated hair style for Eagles WR A.J. Brown.
- Added new Face scans into game:
- Sam Howell - Commanders QB
- Cam Smith - Dolphins CB
- De’Von Achane - Dolphins HB
- Trenton Simpson - Ravens MLB
- Isiah Pacheco - Chiefs HB
- Chris Jones - Chiefs DT
- Shaquille Leonard - Colts LB
- Added Deutsche Bank Park in Frankfurt, Germany to support NFL Frankfurt Games.
- Fixed issue with injured starting QBs appearing during pregame tunnel runouts.
- Fixed issue with incorrect text appearing on stats banner while in pregame studio set.
DEV NOTE: The team has made many updates since launch and is happy to report this is our last update about prioritization of UI transitions. The team has been working on improvements since launch optimizing high-traffic screens inside of Ultimate Team, Superstar, and Franchise.
- Player Portraits - Updated 185 player portraits.
- Stability - Various stability updates.
- Commentary support for Deutsche Bank Park.
- Updated crowd assets for Deutsche Bank Park.
We hope this article was useful, and answered all of your questions about how the Update 4 changes can impact Madden 24. For guides and all the latest news about Madden 24, check out Realsport101.
For more articles like this, take a look at our Madden page.