Razor is one of those characters in Genshin Impact that might feel a little harder to play as, but after getting a hang of his kit will feel very satisfying.
After many months without being featured in a banner, the boy raised by wolves is back for The Heron's Court banner, along with Ayaka and Sayu.
Razor will be released as part of the third banner in Genshin Impact 2.6 on April 20, 2022.
- The Heron Court banner will feature the rerun of Kamisato Ayaka - a 5-star Cryo Sword Character.
Razor and the following 4-stars characters:
Who is Razor?
Abandoned as an infant, Razor was taken in by the Wolf of the North, Andrius, and raised by his wolf pack in Wolvendom
Razor is a 4-star DPS that rewards a very aggressive, all offense playstyle. A character that doesn't depend on Elemental Reactions.
- Razor combines Electro Damage and Physical Damage.
- Elemental burst provides a boost to Damage and increased Defense.
- DPS character that required a very low investment in the early game.
- Razor abilities have a very short range
- His elemental burst disappears by switching character, therefore Razor can't be played as support.
While Electro-based reactions are perceived as rather lackluster compared to other elements like Pyro or Cryo, Razor’s hyper-aggressive pressure actually makes him a flexible powerhouse that makes up for the lack of “punch” that electro-users (except Fischl using her physical damage build) can’t normally work around unoptimized.
Razor Best Artifacts
|Build||Set 1||Set 2||Stats Needed|
|Best||Pale Flame||Pale Flame||Sands: ATK - Goblet: Physical DMG Bonus - Circlet: Crit. Rate|
|Substitute||Pale Flame||Gladiator's Finale||Sands: ATK - Goblet: Physical DMG Bonus - Circlet: Crit. Rate|
The first and arguably the best direction to take is to use a 4-Piece Pale Flame set.
The set will grant benefits to characters that can inflict Physical Damage, bosting the attack of Elemental Skills.
The Pale Flame set is only useful for Eula and Razor, however, the domain also offers pieces for the Tenacity of Millelith that are useful for Kokomi and the upcoming characters, Yelan and Kuki that scale based on their HP.
Gladiator's Finale - Pale Flame
In case have you decided that farming pieces of Pale Flame are not optimal for your roster or you don't get good stats rolls.
A combination of Gladiator and Pale Flame is viable, however, Razor being a 4-star DPS required the best artifacts possible to compete with a DPS of 5-stars.
Read More - The Latest Genshin Impact Promo Codes
Razor Best Weapons
|5-Star||Wolf's Gravestone||ATK %||Increases ATK by 20~40%. On hit, attacks against opponents with less than 30% HP increase all party members' ATK by 40~80% for 12s. Can only occur once every 30s.|
|4-Star||Katsuragikiri Nagamasa||Energy Recharge||Increases Elemental Skill DMG by 12%. After Elemental Skill hits an opponent, the character loses 3 Energy but regenerates 5 Energy every 2s for the next 6s. This effect can occur once every 10s. Can be triggered even when the character is not on the field|
While many characters favor using new weapons, Razor excels with Wolf's Gravestone.
Not only does provide two levels of attack percentage buffs—one on its secondary stat and the other on its passive—but it also gives a stronger percent boost to your allies as well when the enemy’s health is below a certain threshold, benefiting the overall power of any team composition.
The Claymore from the Paimon Bargain Shop is the best option among the 4-star weapons, an option more F2P is the Prototype Archaic.
Razor Best Teammates
Razor as DPS of physical DMG benefits from the Cryo Elemental Resonance. Recent releases increase the viability of Razor ad the main DMG source of the team.
- Razor is a strong DPS that enjoys spending time on the battlefield. However, despite focusing on Physical DMG, Razor generates constant reactions, increasing the overall DMG.
- Ganyu is the best companion for Razor, however, not many players will use Ganyu in a position of support.
- There are several options that can be more F2P friendly, especially for beginners.
- Alternatives: Rosaria, Kaeya, Shenhe.
- The Elemental Resonance of Cryo is very important for Razor, so make sure to have at least two Cryo characters.
- Diona C6 is ideal, considering she can heal and will provide a big buff to Elemental Mastery.
- Xingqiu's Hydro Applications will work very well with the fast and strong attacks of Razor.
- Another option is using Zhongli for the shield and further shred down the resistances of enemies in its area of effect.
- Yunjin buff to Normal Attacks can be used along with Razor.
Are Razor's Constellations Good?
Because Razor is part of the permanent roster that can appear in wishes, getting him all six Constellations is not a matter of if, but a matter of when; so, expect him to keep showing up as you commit to wishes.
His first Constellation will boost his attack the more he keeps getting Elemental Orbs. The second one won’t be that noticeable until you come across enemies with large HP values like those in the Spiral Abyss. It’s when he gets to his fourth Constellation where he truly begins to hurt a lot more, as once unlocked Claw and Thunder will apply a DEF shred on enemies hit for an amount of time.
The final one will charge up his sword on occasion with Electro for the next normal attack or to create a Sigil for more Energy Regen, further speeding up the recharge process to activate Lightning Fang as soon as possible.
Much like his playstyle, his Constellations ramp up ineffectiveness, and in eventuality Razor will hit all six if he keeps spooking players. Razor is a great DPS pick that can be flexible on the team comp, if they’re willing to commit to making the wolf as strong as he can be.