We're sure that there are going to be tons of NBA 2K23 news soon but we have a few things that we'd like to see changed in MyWNBA.
From game modes such as The W to the actual MyWNBA mode itself, there are a few things that could be adjusted.
Let's get players interested in the game mode with the five things we want to see in MyWNBA of NBA 2K23.
5 Things We Want in MyWNBA
For those of you that are unfamiliar, MyWNBA is essentially the WNBA side of NBA 2K23. Although it hasn't been released yet, we hope it'll receive extra attention this time.
Last year there wasn't much aside from The W in terms of originality. You were able to build a MyPLAYER and head online in The W Online as well.
An area that will receive tons of attention in NBA 2K23 is MyTEAM so why not have a MyWNBA option as well. This could definitely drum up interest in not only the 2K side but in the real world as well.
Here is our list of 5 things we want to see in MyWNBA:
- A MyTEAM Mode for MyWNBA:
- Currently, there are three main game modes within MyWNBA (The W, MyWNBA, and Quick Play). Introducing a fourth where you can build your own team and compete online would definitely drum up interest
- Frequent Updates:
- This is something that NBA 2K23 can easily do to keep players interested. A few updates through the start of the year won't help in the long run. However, a consistent updating schedule will.
- Cross over with The W & The City:
- Looking to take your MyPLAYER from The W over into The City? You should be able to. Sure, the build might not transfer well but it could pose a fun challenge.
- Speaking of challenges:
- NBA 2K23 has to give players more of a reason to actually play this game mode. Having MyWNBA as an option doesn't mean much if there aren't incentives to play it.
- Earning XP & Rewards:
- A great way to get players into MyWNBA would be offering rewards for other game modes. Want to earn a Double XP coin in The City? Complete a task in MyWNBA to get one.
With just these little adjustments, the MyWNBA mode in NBA 2K23 could be much more fun.
PRE ORDER NOW: Secure your copy of NBA 2K23 before it arrives
NBA 2K23 WNBA Edition
Last year we saw the first WNBA Edition of NBA 2K23 that was exclusive to GameStop. This year you can expect the same WNBA Edition option.
Gracing the cover this time is Diana Taurasi and Sue Bird, two of the most legendary players in WNBA history.
The price of the WNBA Edition of NBA 2K23 is $69.99 it's next gen specific and you'll have to take a look at your local GameStop to see if they have it.
Here are the pre order rewards for the game:
- 5,000 Virtual Currency & 5,000 MyTEAM Points
- 10 MyTEAM Promo Packs (delivered one a week)
- A Boost for each MyCAREER Skill type
- A Boost for each Gatorade Boost type
- 1 Sue Bird Jersey in The W and in MyCAREER
- 1 Diana Taurasi Jersey in The W and in MyCAREER
Now, let's take a look at the official release date of NBA 2K23.
NBA 2K23 Release Date
The NBA 2K23 release date is set for September 9, 2022, and unfortunately, there isn't any early access available.
However, there are quite a few pre order rewards depending on which edition you purchase. The most expensive edition is the Championship Edition coming in at a whopping $149.99 price.
The asking price for this edition is quite high but it's definitely worth it in terms of pre order rewards.
For getting the NBA 2K23 Championship Edition, you'll receive:
- 12 Month NBA League Pass Subscription* (redemption rules apply)
- 100K Virtual Currency
- 10% XP Boost on MyTEAM Season Progression
- 10K MyTEAM Points
- 10 MyTEAM Tokens
- 23 MyTEAM Promo Packs
- Receive 10 when you first launch the game plus an Amethyst topper pack, then receive 2 per week for 6 weeks.
- Sapphire Devin Booker and Ruby Michael Jordan MyTEAM Cards
- 1 Free Agent Option Pack
- 1 Diamond Jordan Shoe
- 1 Ruby Coach Card Pack
- 10% XP Boost on MyCAREER Season Progression
- Michael Jordan-themed Go-Kart
- 10 Boosts for each MyCAREER Skill Boost type
- 10 Boosts for each Gatorade Boost type
- 1 2-Hr Double XP Coin
- 4 Cover Star T-Shirts
- 1 Backpack and Arm Sleeves
- 1 Custom-designed Cover Star Skateboard
We'd say that these rewards are more than enough of a reason to consider buying the Championship Edition of NBA 2K23.
For more articles like this, take a look at our NBA 2K page.